Feb 25, 2001
On my 2001 cr 125 I think the routing could have a problem when I turn the handle bar to the left or right the throttle starts to turn on me ..NOT FUN on the track when in a corner. Anywho this is how I have it routed its comming from the grip over the center bolt going through the front # plate. between the left fork tube and the frame. Then runs down along the right side of the left radiator between the frame and the right side. Then it comes out right near the spark plug runs to the left of the plug and rubs rite against the engine triangle mount. Then goes striaght into the carb. Im going to tear down the carb and clean it again and take the carb slide and its part of the carb that is touching it and buff it a bit to see if it will slide better.:eek:

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Hey, um, are you wanting to buff the carb slide? Would not recommend that. They are plated to dissuade them from seizing.

You have identified that the carb is being influenced by the bars turning. You are quite right this is not good.

A genuine manual may show you the correct routing.

Now I am assuming you haven’t changed the cable of the throttle which may make it a little too short?

The other option is it was misrouted during assembly. If choosing a different path make sure it can’t get snagged during turning or suspension movement.

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
leave it alone and find a track with all lefts, wou'll smoke everyone!:)
Usually the cable runs between the two top motor mounts. Hope you figure it out.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
The same thing happened on my KDX and then I routed it in FRONT of the fuel tap vs. behind it. And it worked fine.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom