throttle cable problem?

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
i just noticed tonite that if i turn my bars to the left the engine revs up. not bad or anything prob about 1/8 throttle. never really noticed it before. the cable isnt binded. i could reach under gas tank and pull the cable and it would rev up also. any ideas? thanks

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Check how it is routed, if it has too much tension on it it will do that. I had to wire-tie mine, it kept getting caught behind the odometer bracket

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
thanks wibby i will check it tomorrow. only thing is i dont see how it could have any tension on it since i could pull it and it would move all the way down to carb.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
It should not do that. As wibby says, check the routing. Take the tank off if necessary. Also, the service manual has a page showing recommended routing for all cables.

cfr1970

Sponsoring Member
Jun 27, 2002
I guess I'll beat this dead horse some more.

It's your routing, or during the night someone switched your cable for a shorter one. :scream: Look in the manual and follow the recommended routing path.

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
well it was routing. but not under the tank, never changed that. i moved it from outboard of where vent tube goes into number plate to inboard of vent tube and it stopped doing it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…