D_Moen

May 7, 2007
Hi all,

Yesterday I changed the clip position on the needle jet in my KDX's carb (Keihn PWK). I got it all back together and the bike runs much better, but the throttle will not close by itself. I took it apart again this morning to see if there was anything out of place, but everything looks good. I did wipe the slide off with a clean cloth, assuming it would get lubed with fuel/oil while the engine is running.

Given that the throttle return worked properly before I took the slide out, what else could I have gotten wrong?

Thanks for your help!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Check the throttle cable routing. Chances are you pulled on it when working on the carb and it is bound up. Remove the tank and check it out.

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
When's the last time you lubricated the cable? A dry cable will tend to bind easily. An easy way to lubricate the cable is to shove a piece of clear tubing on the top end of the cable, fill it with lube, then use compressed air to force the oil thru the cable until it comes out the other end. If you don't have compressed air available, gravity will work, albeit slower. Just let it sit overnight and the oil should drain down thru the cable. Be sure to get the cable as vertical as possible. Works like a charm.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If you do choose to lube the throttle cable make sure you disconnect it from the carb. You don't want to get all that oil and crud in there!

Top Bottom