HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I just put a new throttle on my CR 125 (the grip and the plastic below it) connected to the existing cable and cable house. Before, it wouldn't idle w/o giving it a little gas, now it seems to idle high with no throttle necessary. Is this a matter of preference or should I want it in a range that it will "die" if no throttle is applied?

And how do I adjust it anyway? My understanding is that the screw on the throttle housing adjusts the radius of the throttle from smaller to bigger?
Thanks,

steverm250

Sep 20, 2005
r u sure you got the right sleeve. it should be the same as before. i find it is best not to have an idle because it tends to foul the plug.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I'm almost laughing at how simple this was, but that little screw on the housing that adjusts the free play did the trick, tighter = "more free play", I had it real loose and it was starting with the throttle already "on".

Man I'm glad I didn't spend $75 at the shop to figure that one out :bang: :)

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
Always have a bit of free play in the cable , and adjust the idle on the idle screw. Also check the cable is installed/routed correct by turning the bars from side to side afterwards. NOT funny when the engine suddenly revs , when the bars are turned !
Unless the bike sits idling with the choke on , or is running really rich , it will not foul plugs !

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom