Throw me some advice about a bike...

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
I am fairly new to riding and want to buy a dirt bike that I can learn and have some fun on. I am 16 and I'm about 5'6" and weigh 135 lbs. I have ridden dirt bikes before, just not much. I've ridden my brother's old Suzuki SP125 and my dad has a Honda XR80 that I've played around on. The XR was too small for my liking and my brother's '82 Suzuki is pretty heavy and awkward. I'm looking for something in the middle of those sizes.

I plan to ride around in woods near my house and on trails. Nothing race-wise or any huge air jumps. Just having fun with my friends that have bikes. I've been researching bikes for me and have come across some that look like good fun learning bikes. I've been looking at the Suzuki DR-Z125L, Yamaha TT-R125, and the Kawasaki KLX125. I've never ridden a 2-stroke before so I kinda ruled them out (and they are expensive.) Plus, I may need more experience before jumping on anything too powerful/fast. What do you guys think about these bikes? And other suggestions?

EDIT: missed a few questions...I'd like to spend anywhere from $2000-$3500 for a bike, give or take. Also, I'm in the middle when it comes to aggressiveness. And my dad could help me with the mechanical work on a bike.

Last edited:

Poptart

Aug 3, 2006
I have a ttr125e and it is sweet. im same height as you but i weigh a little less and the ttr is a cool little bike. plus the electric start helps a ton!

Top Bottom