DirtRydin

Apr 17, 2002
Hey,
I have been riding quads most of my life but now I am switching to dirtbikes. I was wondering if there is anyway to put a thumb throttle on a dirtbike? ( I think it will be easy since quads switch to twist) But anyway I am so used to thumbs and I always end up fliping and wheeling on dirtbikes with twists. By the way the bike will probably be a KTM 200 or 250exc.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
why would u want to do this? on a quad they come w/ thumb throttles bec u need to turn the bars so much more than on a dirtbike. just get use to a twist throttle

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Another thing is that quads you have to keep your feet on the pegs. On the bike a thumb throttle could possibley spell disaster. imagine coming into a turn and doing the picture perfect get up on the tank, inside foot out by the front wheel posture for turning and your leg is constantly yanking the throttle wide open on right handers.

Although I dont condone this stunt a few years ago while trail riding a buddy of mine broke his throttle sleeve 10 miles from the truck. Having an old bike with cable brakes we did a back in the woods emergency fix using the front brake lever as a means to pull the throttle cable. We still did a lot of pushing because the situation was unsafe for anything but easy straight line motoring. made for a strange trip back to the truck lemme tell ya. had to really think hard and concentrate on remembering let go of the front brake to slow down :eek: :eek:

Top Bottom