wcook

Jan 4, 2002
For those of you who caught the debut episode of MotoWorld on SpikeTV, I'm sure most of you feel the same way and give it a BIG Thumbs Down! You can send the MotoWorld editor a quick letter to let them know of your disappointing in the new programming. You can email them at: editor@motoworld.com <editor@motoworld.com>

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
For those of us that missed it... What are your complaints?

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I missed it myself. I didn't think the one on ESPN was all that great though. Mainly because they had to cram everything that happened in one week into a 30 minute program. Pretty much just a quick overview for people that don't have subscriptions or internet access. ;)

wcook

Jan 4, 2002
First of all, It is hosted by the full of himself, not very funny Jerry Bernardo. They showwed highlights (or lowlights as I referered to them) of Jerry back in his MotoWorld2 days which further proved why that show wasn't on long! Then they are doing some sort of MotoWorld Reality show. They went into the homes of two people who have very little knowledge of motorcycles at all. VERY LAME!!! Isn't there already enough Reality TV crap on primetime???

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I like to think of myself as one not to gripe much, but from what I saw they need to go back to the old format or make some additional changes. It wasn't pretty....

The first 10 - 15 minutes was nothing but Jerry jumping up and down in clips of his career. I'm guessing he is the new host, so maybe they're getting his background out of the way up front. I didn't realize one could yell, jump up and down and make faces so much. When he calmed down he was a pretty good commentator.

They also kept mentioning a two or three team reality show or something they would be referring to on a weekly basis. Again nothing related to a bike or racing seemed to come out of those clips they threw in every few minutes.

I like to come away from watching the show with visions of bikes, the motorcycle community and racing, but it looks like the executives have their claws to far into the program. Reality sells I guess. Motoworld Reality would be following the up and coming privateers, new teams and maybe some of the pros we haven't seen much of. Not a group of people, who apparently don't even know what motocross is. They've got alot of work ahead of them!

Just my .02 cents. :ugg:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The JerryB show (aka Motoworld) sucked. It was the worse thing I watched that had anything to do with dirtbikes.

I'd rather watch "Winners Take All" 1000 times in a row than sit through one more minute of Motoworld.

Ivan

mcnut182

Nov 5, 2002
You guys forgot to mention the appearance of none other than, Vanilla Ice.

Yeah, it was bad. Really bad.

I went to the MotoWorld.com message board to post my displeasure. It didn't take long for the webmaster to pull the thread. Can't have that negative criticism, don't ya know!

Since they didn't let the thread stay, I sent an email to Lou Seals (producer) and his gang. I'll bet their mailboxes were full this morning!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I missed the show but I've met Bernardo and he seemed to be too much of a bigshot to give the time of day to an average moto-enthusiast like myself. All I did was say "hi Jerry" to the guy at a race, and he didn't even look my way. I compare that kind of attitude to that of people like Johnny O'Mara, who sat in the pits after a horrendous crash at Anaheim several years ago with an ice-pack wrapped around his knee, staying late to make sure all the kids lined up at his pit got an autograph. Some people get it, and some don't!

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
It was awful.

First, Bernardo acting like a teenaged host is embarrassing.

Second, they promised more behind the scenes stuff instead of just racing coverage, which they said "anyone can get". Then they spend the bulk of the show interviewing cruiser club riders and filming Vanilla Ice have his picture taken with poor old ladies who prolly have no clue who he is. Very very inside action! /snore

Then they do the Yamaha bike intro, which old Motoworld usually covered and I usually skipped through.

I'll keep tivo-ing it a few more weeks to see if it gets any better, but I was disappointed. It was annoying and content-free.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
It is too bad the car guys got Dave Despain he would have done a great job with motoworld. Anything Bernardo does is garbage.

Top Bottom