Tibial Plateau Fracture

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Well, after finaly recovering from my broken femur (not 100%) on Sunday while riding I had another incident and fractured my Tibial Plateau.. :| :| :|
I am really p'd off about it as I was just starting to get back into the swing of things again after not been able to ride for around 5 months.
Well anyway, no use crying about it.. So my question is has anybody had a similar injury and what was there recovery period like? My surgeon says luckly not to bad but going in for a CT scan tomorrow to get final verdict.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
In 1987 I crushed my left tibial plateau & had a artificial plateau put in. It was about 4 months till the leg was able to carry my full weight. Another 10 months till I could walk without a limp.
Yours will not be anywhere near that bad, probably in the 12 - 18 week range. My suggestion to you is to make sure you get with a good PT & do as they say. No harder, no slower.

Best of luck!

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the reply F John.. He has said to me that I might need to get my leg in plaster for 4 weeks which is not possible for me as I NEED TO DRIVE!! I am hoping to get away with wearing a knee brace or something. Luckily just a hairline fracture so I hope and pray not longer than 6 weeks.. It will kill me if I have to go watch the Motocross Grandprix here in South Africa with my leg in plaster!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…