Tim Ferry Gets a Little Help at Salt Lake City.

B

biglou

The more I've read into this and about this incident, the more I've realized that I may not have all the facts! I do know that Ferry went down and someone was considerate enough to stop and help him out. :)

There was some speculation as to who the rider was. I was going on my foggy memory of seeing it on ESPN2 Wednesday morning at 5AM! I did here mention of it during Saturday's broadcast.

rod248

Nov 18, 2001
I was there. My pics don't really do it justice, but here goes... Great show of sportsmanship and concern for a fellow rider.

and

B

biglou

Mystery Solved.

Thanks for the links, Rod. That answered the question. It was #851, S. Davis. Here's a link to the PaceSupercross.com results page for the first 250 heat: Click.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I finally saw the race last Sunday on ESPN. Now that's good sportsmanship. Considering Davis is a privateer, was running in the back of the field, and it was only a qualifier; he really had nothing to loose by stopping and helping Ferry.

Shame others don't think the same way.

You've got to respect Davis for that.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…