Tire Changing

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Just wonder if everyone that does them if they put the last bead on ending at the rim lock last to help stretch the tire on or tell me your favorite method for that last bead or for that matter the first bead also.Thanks

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
looked thru alot of the post after doing a search and still none of them is real clear on my question of which is [do you install last bead or 2nd one under the rim lock first or last or in the middle of installation to allow more bead to be in the center on the opposite side?]it seems like if I start at the rim lock first that it sticks there and is harder at the last part,so I was wondering if anyone had tried the rim lock last or if thats the perferred way.Thanks

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
I like to get the rimlock out of the way early. It's easier to end up at least a few inches from the rimlock.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
me three!

Start at the rim lock. Throw that baby in the sun for awhile also. At my shop we use a 200 F warmer to ease in installation.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I agree, start on the rim lock and throw the tire in the sun. I use soapy h2o to lube the tire and apply some baby powder to the tube so i don't pinch it. I like to have a little air in the tube too when I install it. Duct tape instead of a rim strip.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Thanks for the replys.I guess I will keep doing it the way I have been.I was just always trying to figure out a easier way.Thanks

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
One more little tip , I remove the schrader vavle from the valve stem and then use a small screwdriver to fish through the hole in the rim and into the valve stem . Then guide the stem through the hole .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…