Tire Questions

Jamz

Dec 14, 2005
The knobs on my rear tire are pretty rounded in the front and loose traction easy. I was looking to replace the tire but see many tires list that they are reversable. Is that the case with all MX tires or not? If I could just reverse it on the rim and get some more miles out of it that would be great. Also what is a good tire for a 00 YZ250 ridden intermediate MX/Trail (Track is hard trail is soft so need a good mix)

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You can also cut the knobs with a razor to make them sharp again. I suggest you get a new tire and give me the old one, though. I knocked all of the knobs off of mine.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006

No. Some tires are directional. Remember that if you do turn the tire around that your rear braking will be reduced. So it's a trade off.

Jamz

Dec 14, 2005
Thanks for the input. Pretty much did some research and found that you can but it is a duct tape patch and won't last long. So I think I will just replace the tire. I have never heard to Trellaborg so will have to look into that....any one else have a good recomendation for a tire intermediate MX/Trail .....is the Dunlop D739 a good one to just stick with?

fishwater

Oct 19, 2006
Along the same lines, I just picked up a Maxxis Maxx Cross IT tire. I don't think it is directional. So can I mount it in any direction?

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Trelleborg tires used to be made in Sweden and came stock on the older Huskies. The Trelleborg motorcycle tire division was sold to a Czech company.

I think they used to be referred to as "Jellyborgs". Not all that popular as I recall.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
well thats the total oposit from the trellaborgs i have had!!!!!
i mean the ones i have had were a great tire!!!
i got mine from halls harley/ ducati----1-217-789-0107
mine hasnt worne much at all and i have rode on rough rocks,and terrain
not pluging the store i just dont know where they get them lol
really worth looking into

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006

Some folks are more than happy with the performance of their Geo Metro...others will settle for nothing less than the performance of a Ferrari. Different strokes for different folks ya know. :nod:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…