jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
not sure how siping would work on your dirt bike but I have seen it come and go on truck tires. One year it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and the next they discount it . They only claims I have heard that it is supposed to do is to prevent wear on the area of a tire that is scrubbing the ground. IE, the outside edges of a steering tire while going around a turn.

It has been my experience that although the edges of a steering tire will last longer from wearing bald the siping has peculiar wear to it. The leading edges of each cut wears down<like the rounding of the leading edge of a knob in your knobby> and can produce a slight vibration not a shake or shimmy just an annoying little buzz that gets transferred up thru the steering wheel and lots of road noise at speed.

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by Fark
Check this out.&nbsp; I wish I stumbled on this before I&nbsp;mounted my&nbsp;new tire.

We sipe tires routinely on our Sprint Cars. The major reason for siping one is to remove heat from the tire to keep it from blistering. When you run a dry-slick track, heat bulids up very quickly in the tires and will blister without siping.

Siping also has a smaller effect of making the tire react like a softer compound. I have siped a hundred Goodyears and Hoosiers but don't think siping a Dunlop would be a whole lotta fun..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom