500_boy

Jan 3, 2004
Hi there,

Well I have ridden my TM quite a bit, but it definately needs to be jetted. I am pretty sure that it has the Keihin 38mm PWK. I was wondering what size Jets I should pick up so that I can put together a "Jet Kit" for this bike. I found at mxsouth.com the slow jets and main jets, like I said I was wondering what range of Jets should I buy so that I can Jet this thing properly. Thanks.

-Jared

scotty300inaz

Jan 12, 2006
i have the same bike and also have some jetting problems. please let me know how these jets work out for you. what problems were you having with yours?? i was going to try the same main jets. what is different about the cck and ddk needles than stock???

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Stock is a triple-taper N1EC needle. Problem with these is that they are pretty rich at the beginning (from just above idle to 1/4 throttle). So a lot of people try to cure that by installing very small pilot jets and often end with a #35 pilot (which is the smallest available) and still it's too rich.
These CCK and DDK are simpler (and cheaper) single-taper needles and make adusting the thing a lot easier in my opinion.
I installed the above mentioned jetting after a recommendation from JD-Jetting.
Got the parts from www.sudco.com.

scotty300inaz

Jan 12, 2006
mine seems crisp down low, seems down on power at 3/4 to wot throttle settings. i just went and picked up some main jets, the smallest that i had was 175. i got 170, 168 and 165 now. i am at about 1500ft and its roughly 18*c now. the bike came with 175, i installed 178 for break in. i have run 2 full tanks through the bike now and i am ready to tune it to make good power. my ignition timing was also off from the factory and i set it to spec.
thanks for the help and quick reply

dirntknow

Jan 31, 2008
Hey, sorry to ressurect an old thread but i've just stumbled across this forum in a search for my Tm jetting woes! Sounds like i have a similar issue to you guys (i'm in the UK) with my supermoto'ed TM 300 2t. 40pilot, N1EC needle mid clip, 175 main. It runs rich and occasionally oils the plug if not ridden hard.
Just wondering if you guys got to the bottom of the issues and also how did ya check your timing? I have a line on the stator back plate (not mid slot position?) but no other mrks to refer to...

Cheers...Andre

Top Bottom