Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
New importer?

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
380EXCman said:
New importer?

From what I understand Yes, details are being worked out. I few places have tried to get these bikes in for the long haul but they never held solid ground. Maybe this time it will. We hope to be selling them soon once the importer gets the rest of the details set up., Parts coming in have been good so far.

I posted in a few places just to see if any diehards are still out there. A few loyal subjects still lurk in the background :debil:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I've always been interested in the TM's but have zero first hand experience or exposure. If I were to see a solid import connection, I would likely be more inclined to seek them out.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
When I opened my shop we had the opportunity to sell TM's. We really looked serously at them. At that time the importer in Kalifornia was willing to set us up but they didnt have any bikes. Go figure. We finally opted to go with Gas Gas and Husqvarna. Dealing with Gas Gas was not the best. It may get better now that BMG is handling them. Husqvarna has been awsome to deal with......

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000

I think we may have spoken before ??? not sure. Any way the approach here now is to make sure parts are not an issue and have a good stock, the bikes are no problem so far to get. The Euro is stable for now and the obstacle is shipping for the best dollar.

Mike

endomatic

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
tm parts

I am looking for tm 400e parts. Do you have a phone # for this dealer? My 2002 has been the best bike i have owned by far.Valves have been checked twice never adjusted loking for first piston and ring now. We own three a 125e,250e and the 400e.

Endomatic

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I wrote to them. They seem to be established in BC Canada. I hope they can do something for me in Quebec! Their bikes definitely caught my eye. The only thing I want to now is the price :think:

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
They're extremely popular over here, they had an easy majority at the last harescramble I was at. Not quite as popular for the motocross guys but still plenty around.

I've ridden the TM250MX four stroke and was fairly impressed. It didn't handle quite as well as the likes of the KXF and it wasn't quite as fast, but it certainly wasn't far off. I also rode a 2005 TM125MX recently which I was very impressed with, the power really is unbelieveable from a 125! Handled pretty good as well. The only thing stopping me getting one is the high initial cost and the huge amount they lose in the first year :(.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I should have parts info up soon. I rather not load this thread up with Spam. I know the TM is a specialty bike. I just want people to know that we will support them in the USA once again.

and yes the intial cost is high, IMO you can race one offroad for 2 seasons with spending very little. Our 2003 125 is still very much raceable as we are running it this weekend, as far as performance it is as fast and handles as well as any 06 out there.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
That company does not sell a lot of bikes so why is the price high? Don't they know the laws of supply and demand, or price and demand I should say? If there is too little demand, prices drop! Are they keeping a high price to be prestigious? There is a dealer in Quebec, I will phone him tomorrow night! Hopefully I can bargain the thing quite significantly if I advertise their product at races and events. Meanwhile, info is free and I try to get the most possible!

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
trial_07 said:
That company does not sell a lot of bikes so why is the price high? Don't they know the laws of supply and demand, or price and demand I should say? If there is too little demand, prices drop! Are they keeping a high price to be prestigious? There is a dealer in Quebec, I will phone him tomorrow night! Hopefully I can bargain the thing quite significantly if I advertise their product at races and events. Meanwhile, info is free and I try to get the most possible!

The Supply and Demand works well..Italy makes limited production of bikes and they have few leftovers. Italy does not Export many to North America. The Euro is strong and canadian pay more and Americans pay alot more. Sometimes leftovers can be had at below cost just to move them.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
MikeS said:
Sometimes leftovers can be had at below cost just to move them.

You mean to get rid of them?

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
trial_07 said:
Don't they know the laws of supply and demand,
It's probably less "laws of supply and demand", as quality and conversion rate. Like MikeS said a strong Euro and expensive suspension components won't add up to a cheap price but, maybe a good price for good piece of equipment.

Dale

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah I forgot about the shocks! Paoli in front and Ohlins in back I believe? Both brands have a great reputation in the world of observed trials, I haven't tried them in MX (yet :) )! Thanks for the info. I hope to get a decent price as money is the major obstacle for me at this time, and my kx 125 isn't sold yet :bang:

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Hard to believe that Knight had problems importing them.
What euro brand is going to try Knight now?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
my friend has a 250 enduro, bought it near new, the engine is supposed to be the strong point but nothing but problems (as in major meltdown of piston and rings). I think at this point he has given up, at least for now. He may have got a "lemon" or there could be something he or the previous owner did wrong, but he hasn't had this problem with any of the many Japanese bikes he's owned. Many cool billet/trick parts on it though.

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
TM Quality

there are plenty racing moto over here,and they had a factory team in the VM last season,Annti Pyrhonen(finland)rode for them in the MX1 class and finished 14th? in points.He had 5 bikes ready all the time and his pit was a work of art,they are nice,He pulled a couple of hole shots against the Big Buck Boys and rode quite well all season,very impressive!You are buying a "factory" bike when you get one,but you have a lot of tweaking to figure out.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
lynch racing said:
You are buying a "factory" bike when you get one,but you have a lot of tweaking to figure out.

The tweaking is no different than any other bike :whoa: The motors are awesome, but the power curve normally requires a jetting change ti get the sweet spot to the rider. Suspension is very good and after a good tuning it is second to none.

Hey George,
haven't heard from you in a while. Did you get the radiator? I think I have some paperwork for you... ;)

Mike / Mikey

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
motometal said:
my friend has a 250 enduro, bought it near new, the engine is supposed to be the strong point but nothing but problems (as in major meltdown of piston and rings). I think at this point he has given up, at least for now. He may have got a "lemon" or there could be something he or the previous owner did wrong, but he hasn't had this problem with any of the many Japanese bikes he's owned. Many cool billet/trick parts on it though.

Have him look me up. Maybe I can help. He is a tad far away but I can walk him thru some stuff.

Top Bottom