truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The BP Oil spill is getting a lot more press but the flooding in Nashville is of historic proportion. Many of the rivers have gone higher than ever recorded.

I now live in Franklin, TN and work in Nashville, TN on the Vanderbilt University campus. I doubt I will make it to work tomorrow.

Here are some pictures... everywhere you see it being in Franklin is near where we live.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs...0100502&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=5020806&Ref=PH

We are dry but our house has a few leaks. We still have power and cable. I count us as being EXTREMELY lucky. A lot more people have lost everything.

Some homes less than a 1/4 mile from us are being evacuated by people on boats.

But it is times like these that I feel good about people. There are a lot of people on the news opening their houses and garages to neighbors. The people who are dry are helping those who are flooded.

One lady was in a flooded area and went into labor. A nurse who lived nearby went over in a canoe and helped deliver. Baby is supposed to be fine.

I am really impressed with the people around here and how they are banding together to help out.

Ivan

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
My in-laws live in Hendersonville. We've been checking on them regularly. Pretty hairy stuff. The video's that have been posted are awe inspiring from a distance, i'm sure it's terrifying up close.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
All of the footage in this video is within 1/2 mile of our house. The basketball goals are located about 300 yards from our driveway at the elementary school... we are so fortunate to be just high enough to not be flooded.

http://www.wsmv.com/video/23428604/index.html

As you can tell I am pretty excited about all of this. I find disasters like this intriguing but feel sad for the damage and peril.

Ivan

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
My sister is moving to Luttrell Tenn. as I type this. Her family left Cali this morning at 4am for the long drive. I hope their place there is OK.

Stay dry Ivan.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
of course it's not gaining national attention. There aren't a bunch of people complaining that FEMA isn't taking care of them.

Oh, and Bush isn't President anymore, so there's nobody to complain about.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
_JOE_ said:
Wow, that's unreal. Is it receding much yet?

A lot has receded.

We live 300 yards to the left of the water in this picture:

bilde

The flooded area is the playground behind the school. The basketball goals are completely submerged in this pic.

As of this morning all of that water has receded.

The Cumberland River that flooded downtown Nashville is receding as well but flooded an amazing amount of downtown.

Not many people have flood insurance and a few homes have mysteriously perished by fire.

Ivan

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
We had some pretty heavy flooding a couple years ago. It was crazy to see all the stuff out at the curb for the trash. They had giant front loaders and dump trucks hauling it all away. We were about a quarter mile form the deep water but we had sewer backup. I was shocked when people started going around rummaging through the stuff, taking things! Uhhh, yeah, that was floating in **** buddy.....

Top Bottom