TNT Motorsports: What's it like?

Rebel XR4

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 30, 1999
To SC and NC (or anyone else) riders that have been there; what are the trails like? As a woods rider are the conditions rocky like the Uhwarries, sandy like Swamp Fox, or more like Brown Mt.? I wanted to try and get there this weekend for the first time but it did not work out. Any info is appreciated.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
It isn't like any of those.

No rocks, no water bars, very few elevation changes. It is dirt not sand. They are fairly fast moving trails that wind through the woods. Mostly 4 wheeler wide. I think there is about 12 miles of trails like this. There is also a single track trail that is more torture than I care to endure on a CR.

It's worth the trip to try it once to see if you like it. They also have a variety of tracks to ride on.

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Rebel, I just got back from TNT a few hours ago. My family has a good timet there. Mostly my boys. There are two kids tracks, an easier motocross track, and full bore track. Also, there's a couple of flat areas to ride on. The only part of the trails I have been on, very little actually, are mostly atv stuff with some deep ruts and fun muddy areas. It is a great place to ride but because it offers so much. It does get pretty busy but everyone is pretty careful from what I've seen. It also gets pretty dry which makes sense since there is so much area to ride. I would say no rocks on the one trail I've been on and no sand either. Definately a place to try out!

See ya,
Jim

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
I was out there 2 years ago and it was awesome.

I was a guest of _SOLO_ and he showed me some very good riding areas.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The only one of the places you mentioned that I've been too is Francis Marion down near Charleston. As I remember those trails, they were wider than TNT.

TNT is almost all clay, so the only whoops are the man-made ones on the tracks.

Where are you coming from?

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
trails.....great.
motocross....scary

Trails are very wide. fast but still have something to offer every know and then.
a plus about it is that everyone is going in the same direction!!!
Unlike brown mtn.
You'll love it
-bryan
you can ask gomer all about the Mx track. Hes met it up close and personal.
so did the dirt need a lil peper or salt. LOL Im sorry gomer. Ill stop now.

Rebel XR4

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 30, 1999
Thanks to everyone. Gomer, it sounds like kxbeast Bryan considers you part of the entertainment or something! I am coming from Greensboro, NC. SC is part of my territory (for that work thing I have to do) so I may have to "work" the Chester area real soon. kxbeast, I know what you mean about Brown Mt; meeting a 4-wheeler going the other way can ruin your day. As for the tracks...I'm a spectator. As an old fart I have a rule about jumping or climbing: Never go higher than you would like to fall from! And that is not too high. The trails look like fun, a perfect place to finish breaking in my new scoot, a KTM 450 EXC. Thanks again for the input. See 'ya in the woods.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Hey Rebel, the intermediate track at TNT is great if you don't do big air. Either way, TNT is a wonderful place to ride.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by kxbeastrider
motocross....scary

That's OK...we'll get someone to hold your hand while you go around the big, bad track! :p

I know how you old guys lose your nerve when you get up there in years!

Rebel XR4

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 30, 1999
Linus, the intermediate track sounds OK, but I think that now I want to do the BIG track with Gomer sinse Ivan sez he IS the entertainment. I'll ride the BIG stuff wiff' you "G" but only if I can ride in your sidecar. In return I'll take you for a cruz in the woods in my sidecar. I'm sure I can figure out how to bolt it on as soon as I get these training wheels off!

kxbeastrider

Nov 23, 2002
Jumping side car?!?!
Im sure alot of you have seen On Any SUnday. Rember the part where they jump over the girl with the side car!

Gomer is the focal point of the entire place. Everybody knows who he is.
-bryan mccrary

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You mean the training wheels come off?!?

I'm not the focal point...more like the gravitational center. I've got all of these smaller fat people orbiting around me. :confused:

mliebal

Nov 12, 2001
Rebel,
I live in Greensboro also. I am a 40 something slow rider.
I am heading down to TNT on Sat Nov 30. If you are interested in hooking up to ride, let me know.
These guys are great! So dont hesitate going down there when they are there.
I love TNT, I like riding the intermediate because I can make the jumps (barely), but I am an ocasional NCHS racer so the trails are cool too.
Hope we can hookup sometime.
Do you know of anyplace around Greensboro to ride?
Mike

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…