James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
WHYZEE Dave is in as he needs a riding fix. This should be close enough for the potentially unemployed (and post inebriated) Gomer. I'll expect a visit from Ivan and Wrench so long as we all don't pile up at Shelby the night before. Linus??? Mike T, the intermediate track won't throw you for a loop...READY? Gomer, any chance of this imaginary friend of yours (Slacker) showing up?? Davearm, is Chester do-able for you??

Bring lots of water, a chair, and extra boots in case Ivan lets you take a spin on his bike.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
Argh! I am going to NJ tomorrow for a week to visit my parents... Sure do hate to miss a ride. I definitely want to go the weekend that I get back.

Have fun without me. :whiner:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Shoot... tell the parents to come down here b/c you are not allowed to miss a ride :)

I'm not sure if I'll make it. I have to talk to the boss... er... wife.

James, you still planning on Shelby?

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
It looks doubtful that I'll make it (we've been riding the last 3 weekends and it's been HOT).

...BUT...Tommy is really getting into it. When he got up yesterday morning he was being quiet so he wouldn't wake up Daddy. When Lori told him that I'd already gone to work, he was disappointed because he asked, "Does that mean we're not going riding today?!?"

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Still planning on Shelby. Their website is a bit out of date so can you email me the times I should be concerned with (gate opens, practice, racing etc). I think the directions were on there and I'll bring enough cash to cover a class or two (250D and/or 30+ correct?).

As far as the pitting....I can bring my stuff over there but My truck will be elsewhere correct? There will be room to unload over by you?

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I'll try to make it to tnt. If it is going to be a hot one, I probably wont make it.

Even if the weather is good, I have about a 50/50 chance. (talking the parents into taking me)

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
Originally posted by James
Gomer, any chance of this imaginary friend of yours (Slacker) showing up??
Bring lots of water, a chair, and extra boots in case Ivan lets you take a spin on his bike.

I'll be there .... My brother in law is coming too... he just picked up his new bike.....

We went yesterday and had a great time! That new intermediate track is pretty fun! Unfortunately a 12 year old kid on an 80 looped it and prolly busted his tailbone and possibly got a compression fracture of his back... Had to airlift him outa there :(

I've somehow messed up my knee pretty good but I'll just tape it up and ride anyway.... I think they will have to do some knife/staple/superglue rebuild work on it soon so I better get riding in while I can!! Plus I have to break in my new ...... boots... yeah that's it.. :)

Got some new Tech 6's (I think that's what they are) and they are a little stiff ... plus I keep hitting the dang back brake now ....

Blah blahh.. I'm rambling .... hope to see some of ya on Sunday! Bring sunscreen!!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Update:

Dell and WhyZee are going to Devil's Ridge. Linus is goin to NJ and Gomer and Ivan are looking like no shows (maybe they should be called "slackers" :confused: )

I am going to be there and I think my brother might make it. Slacker...you are on a 2000 YZ right? Number? I have a 2000 CR250 #45 and my brother will be on a 400 SX if he makes it. I drive a white ranger extended cab. We are both "big and tall" goofy looking oafs with bad haircuts....let us know what you look like and we'll keep an eye out for ya.

By the way, I was forced into getting new boots too so it looks like we both have good excuses.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
We got there about 12:30 pm I think. I never did see Wrench...guess you didn't make it??

Gomer was there in his new Funmover in the process of packing it in for the day. Got the nickel tour and I'd have to say VERY NICE!! He wasn't riding but parts are on the way for the old 747....looks like this was a Tommy day.

Did catch up with Slacker and his crew although the new CRF450s threw me as I was looking for a Yamaha. They were in the middle of heat cycles so I went down to the intemediate track to look for my brother intending to catch up with them later. Took a few laps on his new 400SX. Needs 1 tooth less on the countershaft sprocket but otherwise a very nice bike.

Hung out at Slackers camp for a bit, took a few laps on the big track, went back to the intermediate track and promptly planted myself into the dirt. Spent the rest of the day lying in the woods (shade) whining like a baby. Leg started working again about 5:00 so I was able to catch Slacker as they were packing up and then went back down to the track to get my knee good and swollen.

Had fun most of the day but when is this heat going to end??

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom