YZ Teacher

Mar 13, 2007
I love the sound and the simple function. Besides that, as long as I have traction I have all the power I need.

The best part is rolling up to the start of a 30+ MX on my 2003 YZ250 and joining the ranks of the latest 450's only to drop them on the gate. I always start up front.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Mine takes a few more pulls.. :( And only one line.

Dad has a thumper though. That thing rocks!! Dual-Line and even has a metal blade attachment!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Mine has a chain wheel and cuts thru 3" trees with ease then swaps out for a dual line head and can fling roost hard enough to make your legs look like you stepped in knee deep water with piranahs in it.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I was trying to come-up with something witty to add, but came up blank.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patman said:
Mine has a chain wheel and cuts thru 3" trees with ease then swaps out for a dual line head and can fling roost hard enough to make your legs look like you stepped in knee deep water with piranahs in it.
well, mine has a chain and a sprocket nose and will cut through a 24" tree with ease! Doesn't do very good on grass, though.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
I was trying to come-up with something witty to add, but came up blank.
Well what can ya' do, your a 4 stroke kinda' guy I guess.

XRpredator said:
well, mine has a chain and a sprocket nose and will cut through a 24" tree with ease! Doesn't do very good on grass, though.
I got two of those too! My Husky is in need of a rebuild right now as well as a couple ne chains.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
IBTL

two strokes are for flyin.........while the four strokes are still crying

end of story :boss:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Uchytil said:
Blondes, brunettes...I like em all...

as long as shes got the kind of legs i like...................feet on one end and ;) on the other

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
You can't post up 2t threads around here. They've all swallowed up the 4 stroke kool aid.

Personally though, I like the fact that it's cheaper, lighter, makes considerably more power per cc, and never breaks down on me. If I had more dollars than cents I'd own a modern thumper too. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
julien_d said:
You can't post up 2t threads around here. They've all swallowed up the 4 stroke kool aid.

Personally though, I like the fact that it's cheaper, lighter, makes considerably more power per cc, and never breaks down on me. If I had more dollars than cents I'd own a modern thumper too. :cool:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Nothing quite like a 3 cylinder 2 stroke 750 to set you hair on fire! Maybe a 2 cylinder 2 stroke 350! Even a single cylinder 250 or 500 2 stroke to stretch your arms a bit. I've owned a thumper and liked it. Went back to a 2 stroke because I like them more. Been called a "ludite", not sure if that is a compliment or a put down but I have to consider the source.:think: Irregardless, it's paid for and it runs like a raped ape on fire! Besides, I have a REAL thumper that I ride! I can't seem to find wide enough knobbies for it, just have to run Supermoto I guess.

Attachments

• DSC02780.JPG
    DSC02780.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 103

plynn41

Jun 8, 2009
I like 'em for all the stated reasons.
But for me, the ring-ding-ding takes me back to my youth in the 70's. And also, I love the smell of bean oil.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I love to follow a guy on a 2 stroke. I love the smell. And I don't have to worry about stopping to wait for them to catch up...........

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I like mine because I don't have to mix gas anymore, don't need to worry about pulling the clutch when coasting, power is very broad smooth and predictable, jetting is rarely an issue, and I am actually faster on it.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I like our 2-strokes because:

I like the same old routine
I'm crabby
I'm difficult
I don't like change
I'm a stick in the mud
I refuse to believe I'm wrong
I'm anti "extreme green" and therefore hate the earth and warm fuzzy animals

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
They smell better! Plus, I can fix em. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom