CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
I foul a plug on my new 05 CR 250. Why do I always foul the first plug on every new bike I get? Then after the first one fouls it never happens again. Thats not the question, it has a BR9 EG-N8, the honda shop does not have any. So I bought a BR9 EG, what do you think folks will it be OK. I wonder what the N8 on the end stands for. Any takers?

Owens187

Feb 11, 2005
dude just go to auto zone...theyre computer will tell you what other brands and plugs you can use that are the same as that plug. :aj:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
BR8ES or BR8EG should work fine and you can get them at any auto parts store

Unless i'm wrong and they change the plugs for the newer 2 strokes

Chris_S

Nov 25, 2002
I fouled a plug on my YZ when it was pretty new, and I attribute it to the 15:1 break-in mix for the first tank. Never fouled another plug since, except when I tried filter skins, and a new plug lasted 10 minutes.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Just stick with the tried and ture BR8ES, unless you ride that bike really really fast, you dont need a 9 heat range plug. The BR8ES plugs are cheap, and if your jetting is on, you should be able to use the same plug until it wears out. You should never foul a plug in a dirtbike, reguardless of the O/F ratio. I remember a post where Rich said that he ran a mixture of 18:1 in his 125 with no spooge and no fouling of the plugs, now that is some good jetting.

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
The bike calls for a BR9 so I will continue to use the nine series. I just wanted to know what the N on the end stood for. The BR9-EG is not that expensive.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
It's your bike, you do whatever you want to it. I bet Honda dosent say that you have to use race fuel in it do they?

Top Bottom