Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Last edited:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Yes! But being a very plain normal woman, would you buy cosmetics from Dove (after seeing this) or another company?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Thats just GAY....

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Sorry for the choice of words Okie...is ordinary or typical better? I mean not ugly, but not outstandingly beautiful. Do you understand?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
There is no good choice of words. PLEASE read my reply and actually think about it for a moment before turning your fingers loose. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You're too young to realize I guess... you are MUCH better off not tagging the looks of a female! Either say she's beautiful, or keep your mouth shut. Tip of the day right there.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
that is , for the most part , what happens for the first hour or so of almost ALL awe-inspiring womens days . and a good portion of those not so.

the photoshop is the equivalent of beer :boss:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
A little off topic but did anyone else hear Thump giving a sinisiter Muwhaaahahaha laugh while that played?

durrtygurl

Oct 13, 2006

this is the smartest thing i think i have heard all day.... it kinda made me smile! thank you! i know its not directed at me but if more women thought this way there would be eating disorders and people thinking they need to by creams or make up to make themselves look better ya know??

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
a few things I've learned about women:
  • If she says "do these pants make my butt look big?" always say "no", even if it looks like a couple raccoons fighting in a burlap bag
  • If she says "How do I look?" I always quote Eric Clapton and say "My darling, you look wonderful tonight"
  • and, on a different note, never, EVER compare her cookies or her gravy to your mother's. That's when she'll say "well, I guess you can just move back in with your mom, then"
in case you cared.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004

This is all stuff I know Okie! I thought about your point, like I always do when anyone replies to my posts.
Okiewan said:
Your opinion can and probably is, 180 degrees from many others.
What I understood from this is my opinion is opposite of most people, right?

What I was trying to say is the typical woman will choose Dove, if she hesitates between two brands, because of that campaign. Keep in mind that women who feel the pressure to look like models will be affected by the campaign. For what are we actually arguing about? What do you disagree with exactly? Thanks!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

You must really love your right hand, because the more you type the closer you get to having a life-long relationship with it. :rotfl:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I've got no problems with relationships at all Rich! But it's nice of you to worry about me :) So what's wrong in what I'm saying? I read and read my post again and I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe I'm just dumb, but somebody help me!?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Ok! Now back that up please! I'm not joking I'm seriously wondering what's wrong in what I said!!! Is it another language issue? A wrong choice of words?

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
trial_07 said:
I'm seriously wondering what's wrong in what I said!!! Is it another language issue? A wrong choice of words?
It started with just being a bit froggy. Then elevated to posting crap that you have no clue about. See below.

trial_07 said:
What I was trying to say is the typical woman will choose Dove, if she hesitates between two brands, because of that campaign. Keep in mind that women who feel the pressure to look like models will be affected by the campaign.
Really? Here is what I need from you. Define "typical woman" by answereing the following. Age, education, homemaker or occupational, average household income, single or married, children, exercise 3-5 times a week Y/N, there are a few more but that should suffice.

You see those big nasty ad agencies are pretty good at targeting their market, and those are some REALLY basic questions that are asked when they begin a campaign. They are not targeting all women, it is very targeted, and I would like to see if your "typical woman" fits the target criteria.

I will explain further about this campaign later, but I would like to hear your feedback first.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I will often stop before posting and ask myself a simple question. Amy I going to make a complete ass out of myself by posting this?

If the answer is even a maybe, I try to avoid posting.

Perhaps you should use that logic from time to time trial...

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I think my take home opinion is models must all get neck extensions :p

If she says "do these pants make my butt look big?" always say "no", even if it looks like a couple raccoons fighting in a burlap bag

Another wrong answer, the response would be "you liar, I'm not going out" :nener:
The right answer is that question has no right answer, just like how many stars in the sky or what came first, the chicken or the egg!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004

Yeah maybe I should Indy! Z=Keep your mouth shut!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
elliot67 said:
If I was him, I'd just stop posting 53 times a day.

I think that will be arranged one way or the other. ;)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I heard you Thump, but lets do this my way for a change and take everything by step. If you disagree with a step, it'll be simple:

Step 1: Most women targeted by the commercial can relate to it because of personal experiences they've gone through.

Step 2: A woman who is touched emotionally by the commercial will hold Dove in her mind.

Step 3: The lady hesitates between bottle A and bottle Dove, which will she pick?

Step 4: Bottle Dove because they've made a great commercial which affected her!

That's really all I was trying to say! It's not much either. I really wonder how this has created such a "bash trial contest"?!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Rich Rohrich said:
I think that will be arranged one way or the other. ;)

What's on your mind Rich?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…