beger73087

Mar 14, 2003
well i turning 16 pretty soon.yeaaaaah.... and my dads starting to make me get morein to rebuilding my bike bike by myself. i really want to cause i plan on working at fay myers. well were putting in for a new piston for Mr. X. i was wondering if they were good and worth buying. thanx
BEGER

bh

Nov 26, 2001
My computer did not have a way to translate your post, but if you ment Pro-X the best thing to do is to use a Wiesco piston.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Pro-x (oem) is fine for the 200. OEM is not fine for the 220.

But then, wiseco may not be fine either if you happen to get one of their pistons in which the wrist pin clips don't seat. Be aware of that problem.

If it's a 200 and pro-x is your choice, be sure you get the proper alpha designation for your bike. The cylinder and head are stamped with a letter that should correspond to the piston. Pistons from kawi are generally 'B', but you can't specify that when you order one.

The correct piston can be had direct from pro-x....or a shop that sells pro-x.

The diff between alpha designations is .01mm, or roughly .0005" (1/2 of one thousandth). Actually .00039" No huge deal...but as long as you're doing it, might as well do it right.

Of course, the piston should match the bore it GOES in...regardless of whatever letter happens to be stamped on it.

Good luck!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom