dcoperator

May 5, 2007
Hey folks,.........my son was riding our 96' CR125 when it set up on him. Radiators leaked so I'm assuming he let it run low on coolant. I've got the engine out of the bike and want to know what a typical top end rebuild would cost....

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
OOOhhhh... thats not good. Hows the cyinder look?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
After a seizure due to overheating? Could be 500 bucks, depends on how trashed the cylinder is. Make sure you check the bottom end out very well while it's apart. I'd suggest getting the coolant leak fixed too..... :think:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
www.motosport.com

Find out a complete top and bottom end kit. Probably less than $350 for it. They come complete with gaskets, bearings, seals, piston, crank etc.

ONly thing not included is the cylinder like mentioned.

dcoperator

May 5, 2007
Don't know what the cylinder looks like yet....how do you go about puuling the jug off of a seized engine? Can't even turn it over....

weav6385

Dec 19, 2009
Try pulling it off. The part that sounds locked up is the crank. The jug should still pull right off. Theres no reason for it to be stuck. This is not going to be cheap. Remember Ebay is your friend. I just bout a 96 that needed a top end. I got everything to do it for well under $100 including a used low hour cylinder. So I had money to buy all new plastics! The bottom end is what will kick your ass.

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
chris38 said:
I have had some really bad locked up motors. If the ring is really hung up you may have to tap it out with a big punch and a hammer.
Wow, if this happen to me someday it will broke my heart not only my pocket. :(

Top Bottom