yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
well i was planning on doing my top end at the end of this ridding year or in the spring next year. but i went to the dunes yesterday took me about an hour to get ready and 45 minutes to get there and so i get there bike starts right up and so off i go with my buddy who had to push start his bike because he has no compression and really needs a top end but still rides anyway. well i was going up my first hill and started bogging. so i shifted down to higher rpm and the all of a sudden felt like i had no power went down the hill and i had to rap it to keep it running then i let it die and tried kick starting and felt nothing felt just like my friends. so my question is, is this my piston and rings like just a regular blown head gasket or donezo piston and rings? my friend and i are taking our bikes apart today and were going to maintenance everything today that we can and then we will determine what parts we need to order and order them.

maddogYZ

Aug 24, 2007
Sounds like stuck a ring to me but you'll see exactly what happened when you pull the jug. Make sure inspect closely for metal shards or brass fillings which would indicate that your crank rod bearing has become to come apart. Check for vertical slop in the connecting rod as well.

Top Bottom