Top Gun night race 4-12, Iron Station, NC

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Checked the website ( http://jmxracing.com ) and they list that Pits Open: 1:00 PM, Practice Starts: 4:00 PM, Racing Starts: 5:30 PM

I think the class for the smack talking and bragging rights will be +30 C/D.

I'm also going to run +35. James is going to try to sneek into the 4-6 year old 50 class. How about the rest of ya?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm there. Running 250D and +30c/d... I'm thinking of tossing out the 250D and just running +30c/d and +25c/d. I want to be at the back of the pack so I can practice some of the jumps better.

Jenni won't be making it. She has plans with her sister.

Ivan

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'll be there! 30+C/D. This is going to be FUN!

andym

Jun 3, 2000
Am I correct that this is a night race? If so, how late do they usually last? Its about a 4 hour drive for me, I might do it, I'll have to see what the rest of my crew wants to do.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I hate that I'm going to miss this one, I really like racing in the smack talking class. Instead, I'll be on the West Coast eating sushi and playing consultant, man life sucks doesn't it :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sucks to be you. Send me a postcard from the strip club.

You left out the part about the Norwegian woman. Let's hope she looks like Kelly Preston instead of Travis Preston. :scream:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by MikeT
I'll be there! 30+C/D. This is going to be FUN!
I wanna be like Mike, Ditto. ;)
JP, you were missed at the SSF, and Aryn says thanks.
Charlotte boys, keep us posted on the rain situation, it has not rained much here, but that's not to say it won't.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
_SOLO_...you could dye your hair and race with us old farts!

Andy...They are very easy to deal with about switching classes. Many times I have switched classes after they announced the race order so I could leave earlier (or have more of a gap between my classes). Just sign up for how many classes you want up front...don't try to add it later (it's quicker to switch a class than to add one).

Lemming...Slap a little extra wasabi on for me.

JP...when you're done with that card, forward it to me!

Everyone...we can all add one to our expected +30C/D finishes...Travis "Monster" Monts will be joining us. I'll make sure he starts after all of us, though.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Everyone...we can all add one to our expected +30C/D finishes...Travis "Monster" Monts will be joining us. I'll make sure he starts after all of us, though.

Travis needs to start HS style... where he has to put one hand on his head and then he has to kick his bike to life when the gate drops :)

Ivan

andym

Jun 3, 2000
I'm trying to find somebody to travel with me. I really hate making those late trips alone. I usually ride 250C and 25+. How pushy are they about the 25+ class? Technically I'm not 25 yet but I will be this year. Normally its not a problem, I raced 30+ Sunday. If I can talk one person into going, he will be going to the GNCC in SC the next day so that may work out pretty good.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I don't think they ask for ID to prove age, but if you want I'll skip the +35 class and run Unlimited C with ya! (or maybe I'll go ahead and run 3 classes... :) )

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Is this an AMA race? Last time I went there it was and they hit me up for a membership and district card, I never used it so I let it expire.

andym

Jun 3, 2000
I'm out for this race. I just can't convince myself into driving 4 hours. Before the summer is over I will get my crew down that way to race with you guys.

Carp824

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2002
All of you guys who are racing better be prepared for a mud race. I live about five miles from Top Gun and it has rained here everyday this week and is supposed to continue through tommorrow. However, Saturday is supposed to be nice.

I was going to take my son to race in the 50 Beginner class. Sometimes a muddy track and a six year old just don't seem to work. But we might give it a try anyway.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
With the wind they're expecting Friday and them having a chance to work it Friday and Saturday, I think it should be fine. Carp...are you going to come? Make sure we get to meet you!

Andy! It's worth it! Besides, everywhere else will be muddy this weekend.

Carp824

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2002
I am going to try to come. My son is wanting to race. I hope that they can get the track in good shape. On the weather tonight they said we have had 5.5 inches of rain in the last 6 days.

What number is your bike or what are you driving? I would like to meet you all.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom