Top Gun race Saturday night 5-3-03

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Alright....let's hear the smack talk NOW!  I'm bringing the whole Gomer clan...my father is even coming down from MD.

I'm still thinking the smack talk class will be +30C/D.  I'm also going to run Unlimited C this time.

Danny will be doing 250D and Unlimited D.

Ricky's going to do 80D Sr.  (Can he do another one, too?)

James has reportedly whited-out the 2 on his bike so he can enter the 50 class.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
You have that wrong....I am trading the 250 for a 50 so I can enter that class. I am also looking for a real big helmet so as to appear to be a PeeWee.

Is anybody available to give me the "dad push" off the gate???

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by James I am also looking for a real big helmet so as to appear to be a PeeWee.
I'm not sure a 55 gal drum would look like a big helmet on that melon!

Is anybody available to give me the "dad push" off the gate???
I'll be the guy behind you yelling, "WHOOSYERDADDY?!? WHOOSYERDADDY?!?"

mmmKay?

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer

mmmKay?

That gave me a mental image I could have done without. :scream:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer

mmmKay?

Look at the name, this is "JAMES" NOT IVAN

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Yeah, but he knows I'm his b*&^$, it is just a matter of time to get you assimilated as well :)

I will be there. I am going to be bringing the trailer this time to give us a little more shade during the day. I had a heck of a sunburn from last time.

Want to try and get the same spot or would you guys want to try to find something different?

Ivan

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
So did ya'll get your red number plates?
are we goin'na have a run at the gun?
I'm at about 85% but will be there 100%
All stress in my life has been washed away and should be able to reach some of that Chad Reed speed ... on the way to the track ... So, I know Mike's there with the mini bike, Gomer & Ivan on their Harley exausted thumpers, Vince??? are you up for the showdown? do ya need some zip-ties and duct tape? Who am I missing ???
Come on, bring it on ... only 5 more days ...!!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Dave...Danny and Ricky will be there and I'll make them promise not to slap you as they pass!

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
I won't be racing but I think I can't miss someone laying the smackdown on all this smack talking going on. :laugh:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I won't make it on Sunday. I have to help the wife with a few things since I was out of town all last week.

Sounds like fun though.

Ivan

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode
I won't make it on Sunday. I have to help the wife with a few things since I was out of town all last week.
Sounds like fun though.
Ivan
Bring her, the DRZ, and lunch... now that's fun. ;)
Mike T, I expect you and the family as well on Sunday.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I may be out :(

I just looked at the bike and it has a blown fork seal. I don't have the time or money to get it fixed this week so I have to wait until next week or the week after. I have a paper to write for class and I just got back from a week long trip to Michigan that left me a little tight until my first check from my new job comes in. Oh well... better luck next time.

I may show up to watch but I am not sure yet.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Scratch that... I may be able to get the forks off tomorrow and hopefully get Melton or someone to fix them Thursday (I have my niece Friday).

Hmmm... lets see what is in savings :)

Ivan

andym

Jun 3, 2000
That gives me an idea.... if I don't get to make it a leaky fork seal will be my excuse too. Fork oil was supposed to be here Monday, if it isn't here tomorrow I'm kicking somebody's a$$.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
What's up with the fork seals??? That's Gomer, Wrench, now Ivan, and myself with leaking seals within a two week period. I am guessing Gomer isn't cleaning our bikes properly....must be using too much water on the air filter and not enough on the fork tubes.

andym

Jun 3, 2000
OK, I'll behave. Ivan, if you don't get them changed pick some seals and oil up and we will change them at the track. I'll bring all my tools and we will crack those puppies open.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…