niklp4

Sep 9, 2002
HAS ANYONE PUT THE TORQUE PIPE ON THE KDX 220? I KNOW EVERYONE RECOMENDS THE REV BUT I AM JUST CURIOUS WHAT THE RESULTS WOULD BE.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I have the KG 35(torque) pipe on my 220. It gave me a stronger bottom and mid range, power stays smooth. But don't expect any extra rpm's on the top end.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Ya I've had one on a 220 as well. Same results as davidg is reporting. You see an improvement from bottom to mid but power falls flat on the top just like the stock pipe.

David

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
I have a 2003 KDX 220 with a FMF Rev. I noticed a slight bottom end improvement along with a huge midrange and top end increase. Switch from stock reeds to Carbon Tech Low Tension carbon fiber reeds and you get another huge increase from bottom to top!!! I rode a friend's KTM200MXC this weekend and my KDX220 is definitely faster. The midrange is about equal, but my bottom end and top end were better.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I've been happy with the torque pipe, but I have never tried the rev pipe. I wasn't willing to give up any bottom end. I have added the DF II reed cage set on high tension to get a few more rpm's on top and better throttle response. When I'm ready for a little more top end I'll probably get the RB carb mod. You'll probably need to consider where you ride, I'm going to be going to a H/S next month in West Virgina. And I know I'm going to spend the whole race in 1st and 2nd gear, so I really won't need anymore top end there. Just nice smooth power on all of those off camber rock and root infested trails.:)

joe350

Jul 2, 2003
I tink i've got a torqe pipe. Its an fmf burly (i think it was before the knarlys??) but it rides great and has a very even powerband. no noticable dropoffs in power or anything.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
I pulled my stock one off before I ever rode it. Put a rev on and it's awesome. The bike still has so much low end that it's almost like riding a four stroke when lugging it around at low RPM. I don't know how much low end the torque would give you but the rev is plenty good for the gnarly trails and hills here in the NW.

Top Bottom