70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Little help please is there anyone that would give me the torque spec.’s for the

1. Side covers bolts?
  2. Fly wheel nut?
  3. Water pump gear drive nut?
  4. Clutch nut?
  5. Cylinder base nuts?
  6. Cylinder head nuts?

Thanks a bunch. I grenaded the old kdx last week end. I had to split the case for inspection and clean up of crank. I got lucky on this melt down, as the bike wasn’t on the pipe when failure happened. "Just idling down the road" could have been much worse!
[/list]

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Sorry, my manual's at home...and I won't be in tomorrow, so you'll likely get your answers by then. If not, PM me and I'll sure look them up.

Is this another 220 piston failure story to add the list? This being an frp bike, surely it didn't have the oem piston in it???

Sorry to hear of it's demise. Sounds like you jumped right on fixin' it!

Good luck!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Second piston, wiseco dilemma? Intake/ flywheel side of the piston skirt came off. Had a nice long talk with Mr. Fredette on why something like this would happened. Basically he said it’s a 220 thing with wiseco piston? And I should put a fresh one in EVERY year! And I was lucky that I wasn’t on the pipe. when she came apart. Jeff Fredette what a great guy!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Marlin,

Here's what I have according to the manual for an '02 220 - should be the same specs. I've also listed the item numbers called out in the parts diagram so you can cross-reference against the parts diagrams on the Kawasaki web site. (Thought for sure you'd have a manual!)

1) Side covers bolts: (#132) 87 in lbs / (#132A) 78 in lbs

2) Fly wheel nut: (#92015) 47 ft lbs

3) Water pump gear drive nut: (#92015) 87 in lbs

4) Clutch nut: Not really sure what you're referring to here....

5) Cylinder base nuts: (#92015A) 18 ft lbs

6) Cylinder head nuts: (#92015A) 18 ft lbs

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Thank smitty. The clutch nut. Holds the clutch basket to the transmission gear cluster shaft. Manual, NA split the case and assembled from memory. These motor sickles. are just little greasy jug saw puzzle?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom