jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Just curious if any one has ridden at the new track between Macon and Louisville, MS? I'm going searching for it tomorrow and know it's out there somewhere, but directions sure would help!

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
After 3 hours of cruising back roads yesterday, I found it! It's a pretty cool track, couple of wicked triples, several doubles, couple of tabletops....real supercrossy. Real close to Louisville. Of course after all the rain we had yesterday, it was VERY muddy, but once it dries it should be a lot of fun. If anyone is interested in detailed directions to it, post here and I'll type them out.

Nevada Six, you probably aren't too far from it! And it's only 45 miles from me. Nevermind, I just saw that you're in Tupelo. I was thinking you were in Columbus!

Last edited:

Holder

May 24, 2002
Please post directions. Also fill me in on any other tracks/places to ride in Ms. I am having a hard time finding somewhere to ride near Jackson. I'm an old man who has been away from bikes for a long time, but am back now to help my 11 year old have some fun.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
There's a couple tracks down just south of Hattiesburg (The Landing and Rock Hill). The Landing is pretty nice, really sandy though. You can get directions to them from your local bike shop, I can get there, but can't remember any landmarks good enough for directions. One track practices on Tues. one practices on Thurs., I can't remember which is which.

We have a small practice track just south of Meridian. If you get on Hwy45 South out of Meridian, you'll come to the Garrisonville Rd Exit. Head away from Meridian. About 7 or 8 miles down this road, you'll come to a left hand turn with a guard rail on the outside of the turn. Halfway through this turn there is a road that branches to the right called Aycock Rd. Turn here. About 3 miles down on the left will be the track, you can't miss it. There's an honor box, so please pay as you enter. Open 7 days a week, $10 per rider. I'll be there today as a matter of fact. Usually there a couple times a week. The biggest turnout (6 or 7 riders) is on Sunday, around 1 pm.

The track up toward Louisville: You want to get to Preston, MS (there's a 4 way intersection in the middle of town)....I take 495 North to Preston, there'll be a quicker way for you. You want to take Hwy 397 North out of Preston, about 6.5 miles to Nanih Waiya School. You'll take the third right (Han Williamson Rd.)past this school (the second right you come to will be a store at Hwy 490....you want to take the next right past this store). The track is a couple miles up this road on the left. It's built into an old speedway track. I don't know anything about practice times or race days there wasn't any info posted and I don't know where to get it. It's a decent track though, Supercross layout with a couple of pretty big jumps.

If you get any info on any of these tracks (practice times/race dates), please post them!

chuppa_chupp

Jan 1, 2004
It seems that all the good riding spots are kind of drying up here in Mississippi. I mainly ride woods/trails and so far these are the best spots i have found. Holly springs ntl forrest up by potts camp and i think that the trails int the Desoto ntl forest are still open. As far as tracks, sorry man i do not have a clue. Being from the Jackson area you should try to locate a riding club. I know of one for shure over in Vicksburg, the Ridge Runners i believe, they may have riding rights to lands and/or sponsor local events.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
If you're into trails, we've also got the Meridian OHV area here in town. It's by membership only, sixty or seventy bucks a year. You can get a membership app from Meridian Honda I think. It's an OK riding area, two or three little clay pits to goof off in and there's a few tight twisties if you're into it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom