Trail cleanup in SoCal to help prevent closure

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I am a member of the KTM group on yahoo and ran across the following. It is a bit far away for me to travel but thought some of the SoCal folks might be interested in contributing time and effort.

This is the post ....

Mike asked<<Tell us more>>...
Mike a group of us have adopted a trail that was being treatened with closure in the San Berdoo Forest. It is called the "Metate" trail and leads to an Indian Metate.

I am filling out the USFS liability forms right now and we need additional volunteers as the sheet is looking kinda bare.( We are covered by the Feds while doing this work.)

To volunteer all that i need is a name and e-mail address and a desire to help.

The form I am filling out asks for mucho mas info but the Ranger knows we are internet related and that a name/email will suffice.

We have scheduled a clean up date for April 26th but will do others in the future. We (loosely) organize this thru the e-mail list of Ride-Net at off-road.com.

We sure could use some help and the 2 required days of cleanup annually seem like a small price to pay to keep these areas open.

The hours we work the trail are recorded and used as ammo in the fight to keep the trails open.

Come on join up, it will get you out of the house and It sure feels good to do something positive for the trails we ride. ...kp

Keith Parker Willys714@aol.com

Top Bottom