Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey, with the 60 degree weather on Thur and Fri, the rain and good weather wednesday too I was wondering if any more trails will be ready by this weekend.

I expect Gladwin will be ready by now but wet as hell and not totally ridable. I know the Western areas like Cedar, Holton and Horseshoe are ready.

Anything else?
1. Leota?
2. Tin Cup?
3. Evert?
4. ???

If anybody finds out anything please post here.

Thanks!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I was kinda wondering too. My spring break starts tomorrow and I'm looking to get some seat time in before Portland.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
UP Magoo said:
The snowmobiling is still very good here in da UP! :eek:

Hell by the time you finally get to ride up there I'll already be on my second set of S 12's! :moon: But you will still probably kick my butt in Roselawn. You are bringing the 2 hunny down there right?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I just called the Boon Store which is located west of Cadillac and they said the woods are still snow covered but the sled trails have no snow on them.. It was 47 there this morning with rain today and a chance for tomorrow.. Their conditions would cover Lincoln Hills loop north on the MCCCT to Kalkaska.. They said NO bike riders at the store yet..
I also called Peacock LTD - this is where we run the Snow Chicken out of every year.. I spoke to one of their riders there and he said there is still alot of snow left in the woods - that slushy kinda stuff that makes single trakin VERY difficult - SCREWS would help a little!! Again, all the sled trails are rideable - NO snow on them and they are legal in this area - Big/Little "O", Tin Cup, Manistee Loop and I believe Evart would all be covered by this report.
Like Fred T. said, Horseshoe, Holton and Cedar are wide open here on the west side..
ANyone know anything different - lets hear it - PLEASE...
Woodsy
Oh yea, Magoo, we are all jealous of your sledding opportunities :) How are gas prices up yonder? We are at $1.89 for Reg here!!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Woodsy, you think White Cloud would be ready this weekend yet? It may be worth a try. If it is, it'll certainly be soupy in the lower section.

Is there anyone that's been in that area lately?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I am going to post a new thread titled "West Side Trail Conditions; A Woodsy Report". Just got in from an impromptu business trip and got some info!!
I will get it on between customers here...

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Fred, I'm planning on Roselawn! I hope to get a ride on the bike before then, though! Looks like I'll have to go downstate to do it! I'll be watching the trail reports -- planning to go riding April 3&4.
Woodsy, I'm jealous of your being able to ride bikes already! I'm not a snowmobiler... so these long snowy springs aren't any fun for me! FYI gas prices here are 1.89 for regular, too.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Magoo, thanks for the gas info!! I was being a sarcastic rat when I made that comment about being jealous about all the white stuff you have :) BUT honestly, If I lived up there I could NOT go without a sled... I have to have something with a motor pulling me around or something goes "haywire" with me.. Maybe one of those new Sno-Hawks would be in my garage if I could ride it 5 months of the year - of course I would have to Dual Sport it!!!

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
5 months of the year? The Bear Trap (north of Shingleton) has a sign "The UP: 9 months of winter; 3 months of tough sledding"
;-)

Top Bottom