Jan 11, 2024
I am a new member here who just found this site. You can tell by the title that I am an old guy. I have a 1971 Yamaha AT1C-MX with matching serial numbers on the frame and engine. This number is AT1-418229. I have seen only one other like it, #419614. I know this machine very well since I purchased it in 1975 from a college acquaintance and I have all my service paperwork. Has anyone else seen a bike like this with a 400000 serial number? It appears to have a CT2-type frame with the welded on housing for a steering lock, something that #419614 has, too. The actual lock mechanism is not present, just the welded-on housing.

P.s.: I have always been obsessed with the Japanese tiddlers. The book at Amazon entitled The Tiddler Invasion (published in 2013) is mine. Thank you for your support.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Welcome! Your book sounds like an interesting read. I'll have to see about getting ahold of a copy. I can't help you on your question but there may be someone that can.

I'm always impressed by people that had the presence of mind to hang on to their early bikes. I wish I had kept my Suzuki '73 TM125. Oh well, at least I still have bikes to ride! Do you still ride yourself? I know a few guys that are still riding into their 80s. I'm only in my mid 60s so I have a ways to go before hanging it all up.

Jan 11, 2024
At my age my riding is now confined to puttering around the neighborhood, but at least I can still enjoy that.

Attachments

• (1) Best Picture.JPG
    (1) Best Picture.JPG
    673 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom