Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Hi folks, I'm looking for some idea's to modify my trailer to make it easier and safer to haul my bikes. I've got what is essentially a flat deck trailer with a small tubing frame around it. The trailer can hold 3 bikes set up with the two outside bikes up at the front of the trailer and the middle bike near the back of the trailer. What I want is to set up some sort of channels or bike boot scenario's to help support the bikes and reduce the amount of tie downs as with three bikes using 12 tie downs is a chore especially for the middle bike trying to get the tie down past the other bikes. I really like the bike boots that clamp the front wheel but the trouble comes in that each boot seems to be tire size specific and I tend to haul all sorts of different tires sizes depending on who is riding with us, and also my son currently rides a TT-R125L with a 19" front wheel but may soon change to a 2 stroke 80 which would have a 17" front. Any idea's or good solutions any of you have used in the past??

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Three bikes and twelve tie-downs? WOW! I must way you secure things a little better than I do. :eek:

Try this simple fix, turn the middle bike around backwards and tie down. If you don't have a tail gate on the trailer, just cut, bend and weld a piece of C4 x 5.4 iron channel to 120 deg. (+/-, depending on your preference) for the front tire to sit in. Bolt down the tire channel and you're good to go. Don't forget to put a plug in your silencer in case of rain. :scream:

In fact, if you live anywhere close to me, I have a couple spare bent channels alying around.....

Top Bottom