Trails in SC (Manchester, Francis Marion, ETC.)

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Sounds good, we are going to be in NC that day anyway and my parents gave the OK. Thanks Ivan, I appreciate it! If you can't bring the bike or if Jenni want's to ride I don't have to ride. I have fun just watching.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode
I just enjoy being out there.

Me too! Bet I can give you and run for your avatar name! :) How 'bout UltimateSpode for me.....LOL

Yea, that's the same Mack. Good guy. He came and ran with us at Manchester. I didn't get to see him much.....he was too far out in front. :whiner:

Just in case there's a change in plans (doubt it, but you never know) for M Day, where you guys headed? Sounds like SOLO's in. Yamahaxt? Gomer?

Scott

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Mack was fast...scarey fast in the woods.

I'm glad we talked him out of trying to do that step-up over a fallen tree. I don't think it was possible and I didn't want to haul out the pieces if he tried.

I'll try to find those mpegs.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Gomer,
I'd like to see those mpegs. When Mack came down to Manchester he had that once a year crash and broke some ribs. :scream: Was back to racing a 2 weeks later. :confused:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Whew! I only have 10 MB ftp/www space on mindspring so I had to unload everything else. There are a few from that day, but I still ran out of space.

www.mindspring.com/~mnyland/

The little hill we were playing on isn't very big, but it has a fairly short run and a vertical lip that you have to jump up and over to get on top.

Download them if you want them because I'll probably clean them off to put other stuff up soon.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Gomer,
I've got 'em downloaded. Cool stuff! Is that hill at TNT? The still over the whoops....nice.

Thanks,
Scott

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Thanks! The hill is in the woods at TNT. All of those were taken 11-11-01.

The picture coming out of the whoops is a little jump after the whoop section. That is exactly where my bike died Nov 27 last year, sending me and the bike all the way over for an inverted landing.

They've just moved the track some so those whoops and the jump are gone.

I have a few more .mpgs and .jpgs from that day, but my mpeg viewer on Linux doesn't like them very much so I don't know what's in them.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
The picture coming out of the whoops is a little jump after the whoop section. That is exactly where my bike died Nov 27 last year, sending me and the bike all the way over for an inverted landing.
Ouch! :scream:

I have a few more .mpgs and .jpgs from that day, but my mpeg viewer on Linux doesn't like them very much so I don't know what's in them.
:p You mean you need to screen them uh? :p
Go head and post 'em, we'll let ya know what's in there! :)

Man, you and Ivan need to make a motion to get DW '03 over our way. TNT maybe? I'd love to go this year, but just a little too far.

BTW, I should talk to Mark about the track tomorrow.

Scott

john loggins

Sep 5, 2001
are there any hills at all in south carolina? they don't have to be all that big to impress me,,,,but I am moving to Florida this summer and leaving the awesome riding of Hawaii behind (for a little while anyway)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I got up the rest of the jpgs and the 2 mpgs that I don't know what's in. Let me know if it's decent.

http://www.mindspring.com/~mnyland

I just remembered...all of those pictures and mpegs were taken that day when I didn't have my powervalve hooked up correctly (it was always closed). I guess it didn't make much difference, I don't rev out a bike (except Ivan's ;) ), anyway.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Gomer,
More good stuff. The vids are you on the track in the rhythm section, TT and Double. Nice air....I only dream. :whiner: What cam were the stills taken with? Very nice!

Did you see my comment on DW '03?

Scott

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
So there were no recently domesticated farm animals in any of the mpgs?

The stills and the mpgs were taken with the same camera. I don't know what it is, but I think he mentions it on his site, www.planetmustang.com

Since DW tries to be somewhat centrally located, I think the closest to us that it will ever be is TX or IL.

We do have regional spodefests, though. We did them at TNT in the spring of 97 and the early spring of 2000. It is amazing how much work and planning goes into a get-together of any significant size. I've helped with a few and I'm not looking forward to organizing another. Attending, yes, organizing, no. Ivan and I learned how to get stuick with several hundred dollars worth of shirts. :(

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
So there were no recently domesticated farm animals in any of the mpgs?

No, I'm very disappointed too! :| ..... :confused:

Since DW tries to be somewhat centrally located, I think the closest to us that it will ever be is TX or IL.
:( How 'bout TN? Just right of central. Loretta's? I'm sure Okie could pull it off. :)

I'll keep my eyes open for the next spodefest near us.

Thanks,
Scott

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I've got a friend (works for a bobcat dealer) who would show up with equipment if it meant that he could ride down there sometimes.

Gomer,
Done deal! Marks says to come on. He and I can get together a few folks for track clean up, just add Bobcat and it shouldn't take too long.

He remembers you guys coming down and you on the '90 YZ. I'm going to see if we can get the track sprayed (kill the vegetation) this weekend. Just let me know when and we'll go from there.

Scott

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
This is in Anderson you say? I could almost definitly make it out there anytime to help out.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
SOLO,
No, this is a track Gomer use to ride down near Holly Hill (near the intersection of I-95 and I-26). The guy that owns it lives in Anderson, but comes home on the weekends. But you're still welcome to come ride once we get it back in shape. :)

Scott

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Don't know exactly where Holly Hill is but it can't be that far away. I could show up a few days for sure I bet.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Gomer,
Just let me know when and I'll get it rolling on this end.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Ahhh... yes. But they didn't talk to me too much so I don't have their number. Sorry.

Gomer, you are the only one twisted enough to give me your phone numbers :)

Ivan

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…