thermal

Sep 25, 2001
What other trick parts can I add (or replace with better) to the ones I have now:

S-12'S front & back
EBC brake pads
Acerbis front rotor protector
UFO Black plastic
FMF pipe & silencer
Softer seat foam with CEET gripper seat cover
Acerbis Rally Pro hand guards
Scotts steering damper
Scotts rear shark fin
MSR rear fender tool pouch
KTM power part rear brake pin
Renthal cross bar pad
Renthal dual compound grips
E-Line pipe guard
E-Line skid plate
Moose brush guard on shift & brake pedals
Sidewinder chain & sprockets
PC Racing filter skins

OrangeCrush

Feb 25, 2002
Duh.............

:p Hmmmm ok well let me see, Michelins are not trick, nor are the GRIPs, CROSSBAR PAD, HAND GUARDS or BRAKE PADS.........:moon:

If you wanna really make your bike stand out tear it down completely and have the main frame (steel portion) powder coated another color. Or better yet have it dipped in chrome and put a set of CHOLO-STYLE chain link bars on it woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :moon:

thermal

Sep 25, 2001
Whow - that sounds like lots of work. I'm not interested in making my bike stand out - in fact I took off all the graphics and replaced all the orange plastic with black. Just inteseted in trick parts that have a function.
I would like to do the frame in black though.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
If it was me tricking out the KTM I would revalve the suspenion and put bib mousse tubes in the tires first. If you really want the best, then get the KTM WP SXS suspension components with the hard surfacing for maximaum small bump absorption (~$3000).

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
EE = Enduro engineering

the clutch lever he is refering to has a needle bearing instead of the stockers ****ing. also the leverage ratio is changed to ease clutch pull. have you thought of doing your suspension (different valving, ect.) I ordered a shim kit for my forks and really liked the result. much plusher on the small square edged stuff. But still offered good bottoming resistance (after raising the oil height)

will

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Dump the Renthals; replace with TAG tapered bars (no cross bar). Add some Applied triple clamps (upper and lower), and get some Summers Racing handguard mounts that bolt to the triple clamps. While you're at it, get an Excel/Talon wheel set with the gold wheels and hubs, because they're shiny and cool. This will only set you back a couple thousand, which should leave room for a W.E.R. shock bladder, some EBC brake rotors to replace those weak stock rotors, and some eRider billet aluminum levers.

Enjoy!

Katoom

Feb 19, 2002
Applied Triple clamps.
Carbon-fiber skid plate, disk guards, fork guards, hand guards, and front fender brace.
Baja designs lighting kit
re-valved suspension
and how about some high-octane only engine mods.

thermal

Sep 25, 2001
Thanks to all for the replies.
What is the best way to improve the front end without spending $3000.
I have an 02 125 exc (same forks as 200).
Could you give me some detail on what improvements will do and where to purchase. I'm happy with the rear shocks but the front forks seem a little harsh on a square edge hit.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Yea, those HID systems are really trick. You can get one that mounts on your helmet too. It's smaller but everytime you turn your head the light is pointing where you look. If you hav'nt seen one it will blow you away with how bright they are.

DEN

Feb 6, 2002
THANX MWEISSEN,
I MASHED MY PIPE AND NEED A NEW ONE .
HAS ANYONE RUN ONE OF THESE DOMA PIPES ON A 00 380EXC?
FMF HAS BEEN AROUND 4 AWHILE SO I AM JUST CHECKIN OUT THE
OPTIONS FOR NOW.
HAS ANYONE THAT RUNS A PIPE GAURD, CARBON FIBER OR ALUM,HAD ANY LUCK WITH THEM? I DONT HAVE ONE ON MY BIKE NOW AND CAN'T
IMAGINE IT STOPPING MY PIPE FROM BEING MASHED AFTER FALLING ON A
ROCK.DO YOU THINK THERE WORTH THE MONEY?

dko36

Jan 14, 2002
Scotts had a deal with a stabilizer, pro-tapers, & top triple clamp for $600. I was satisfied with the forks but had EE re-valve the shock for more plushness. Works great and was only $100. Mud riders will benefit from a solid rear rotor. Instead of wasting a new set of pads in a single mud race/ride, I can now go 5-10 rides.

socal scott

Nov 2, 2001
Slap the FMF AOF ignition on that puppy and hold on. Even though there's not much of a difference between the Torque and Boost settings, they make for quick throttle response/pull harder/pull farther.:scream:

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Thermal
As far as suspension tuning goes, you might ask riders in your area who they've had do their suspension work. I've had good luck with Factory Connection in the past. When you have the work done, be as complete as you can about your iding terrain and riding ability (BE HONEST!!!), that way they can do the best job possible. Take the time and get the best settings for you. Set the sag front and rear, and keep a log book of your clicker settings. The front forks are the most important performance part on your bike. Remember it is better to set your suspension to fast over 50 small bumps in one mile than it is to be set up for that one big bump in a mile. I have heard that Enduro Engineering also does good work on KTM, but have no first hand experience.

Top Bottom