nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
WOW!!!

7-07-2003 - AMA Pro Racing and Kenworthy’s Motocross Park have been forced to postpone this weekend’s AMA Chevy Trucks U.S. Motocross Championship event due to extensive rain and threat of flooding. The event, originally scheduled for July 12 and 13, will be tentatively rescheduled for Sept. 6 and 7.

AMA Pro Racing Director of Competition, Merrill Vanderslice says the postponement was a joint decision between AMA Pro Racing and the event promoter. “Don Kenworthy informed us of the situation with the track and expressed concern about their ability to hold the event,” said Vanderslice. “The incessant rains, combined with the threat of severe flooding from the nearby Great Miami River, made it clear that we’d have to postpone the race. There’s simply no way we’re going to be able to park the team trucks and safely get spectators in and out of the event under these conditions.”

According to Kenworthy, the track is currently under about two feet of water with no way of knowing whether or not the water would recede by race time.

The rescheduled event will now be the season finale.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
It has been raining a lot every day here.  :(

Wendy and i got caught in the front of a thunderstorm on the way home July 4th with the winds knocking a tree on to powerlines right in front if us.  Luckily we had slowed down due to the winds attempting to blow us off of the road.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Uhh dude... pleaser... ^^^^

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
No, it's THESE pics I'm talking about. -> :moon:

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
This really sucks. Kenworthy's was the only national I was going to see this year (I've only been once before, last year, same place). And I'll be at college in Texas by September!

The rain was really crazy last weekend... we went to go watch fireworks at 9:30 on the 4th, black (almost literally) clouds to the north, then got hit about halfway there and went home. The funny thing is, the same thing happened the next two nights, almost the same time! And more today and on the way...

Andy

kbud

Aug 28, 2002
Today we got another inch and a half. There was a tornado 10 miles from where I live. I was gonna go but I think I have conflicting plans for the reschedualed date.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I think you guys are getting what we've had since march. It rained 27 out of 31 days last month. :scream: I have to say its nice to not be dumped on every day here lately.(sorry for rubbing it in. :o )

Top Bottom