TTR-125 Powroll Thrust Chamber Reviewed

theMotoMan

Jan 12, 2001
In the search for cheap HP for the TTR-125, I purchased the Powroll "Thrust Chamber". True to their advertisement, it doesn't make the bike any louder. It is a spacer that fits between the pipe and the spark arrestor. It's primary purpose is to give more room between the internal exhaust stinger and the spark arrestor. This is kind of hard to explain if you have never removed the spark arrestor.

The bottom line is a little more power throughout the whole powerband, without an increase in noise output for $30. You gain mostly on top, but it is noticeable down low and mid. My son rides the bike and he came back from riding with a smile and said he is able to wheelie now.

I would recommend this modification based on the power increase per $ and the no noise increase. If you are after all out HP, then I would recommend to replace the whole exhaust, but for the cost conscience, it's a bargain.

------------------
01 YZ250F
00 TTR-125L
00 TTR-90
00 PW-50

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Sounds cool, thanks for the info. I ordered one for the wife's bike today along with a 14t cs sprocket.

Did you modify your airbox too? Have you made any jetting changes?

theMotoMan

Jan 12, 2001
I did the airbox mod first (I removed the snorkle and used a hole saw to put two inch and a half holes next to the snorkle hole). This made a big difference in the top end power.

I haven't done any jetting other than adjust the pilot screw. Since I'm here in Denver at 5000 ft, I'm hoping that I was a little too rich before and now I'm about where I need to be. I need to take some plug readings and see where I'm at.

I then added the Thrust Chamber and got a little more power everywhere with emphasis on top end. After that I added the 14T countershaft sprocket which the bike now pulls very easily with the extra power.

As Kali mentioned, the next step would be to get the flywheel machined. If I get this baby going too fast, my son will be begging me for YZ80 suspension and a rear disk brake!

------------------
01 YZ250F
00 TTR-125L
00 TTR-90
00 PW-50

Top Bottom