TTR-125L choke question

hp500efi

Aug 12, 2000
My Sons TTR125L chole cable is a joke. Why the factory put a pull cable for the choke is hard to believe BUT, my Sons always sticks and is very difficult to start without the choke on. What options do I have to remove it? Is it advisable to replace the carb with a new one that has a lever choke?

TTR already has a new jet, BBR air filter and Pro Circuit pipe so I am thinking maybe a new carb is the way to go. Any advice on a new replacement carb?

Thanks

Jeff

tree Dr

Sep 10, 2002
Get the adapter from BBR and a carb for an XR200. Its well worth the $230 to have the choke in the right place. It also starts and warms up much easier. Run a 110 - 115 mainjet. Its a Keihin carb so the jets you have will not work.

fourjs

Dec 1, 2001
a quick question, does your bike bog out when it's warming up? Mine is two weeks old, an '03 model, I pull the choke knob out, it starts after the third kick, i let it warm up a little, then when I push the choke back down, it stalls, if I leave it running longer with the choke on, then push it in, it will idle , but stall when giving it the gas, sometime i just ride with the choike on for awhile until everything works out, any thoughts?? thanks......

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
ya, go to www.ttr125l.com or bbr.com and read up on what jet to switch to to get the bike to start easier. These bikes a re really lean running, which makes them hard to start when cold.

derekk87

May 29, 2002
i think i saw a kit to switch cable chokes to a lever in some catalog, i cant remember which one but it wasnt very expensive.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…