eli98

Aug 12, 2009
K the bike is together and running. It will only idle for a very short period, then it stalls. Sometimes needs the "choke" to start and have any bottom end. Revs out fine, but nothing on the lower side. Never heard this bike run before, as stated in another post, this was a bike in a box.

2000 RM 125

I tried moving the needle back to factory settings, and it helps, but doesn't solve the problem. The bike has left, so I can only relay ideas, one thing I didn't have time for was to check for cylinder base gasket leaks. It received new gaskets, and I used a copious amount of High Tack on it, so it should be alright (I know that if there is warpage it could be leaking.)

Any other ideas?

One more thing, the tank needs to be flushed, as it has some scum in it, I added a fuel filter and clear line to aid in the knowing when it needs replacing, and the owner is going to flush the tank when he gets up in the morning. I cleaned the carb 3 times, none of which seemed to make a difference.

Dan_1989cr125

Apr 29, 2009
Does the bike have an aftermarket pipe? I would be looking into the jetting on the bike as it sounds like it may be jetted improperly for the area it's being driven in. If you can't seam to dial in the jetting verify that the powervalve is opening and closing at the proper times. Do a compression or leak down test and get back to us. There are 100's of experts on this forum.

eli98

Aug 12, 2009
Bike ran for a mere 20 minutes, and locked up solid again. I have yet to tear it down.

As for the first question, after cleaning the tank and carb again, it began to run much better. Not that it matters.

Top Bottom