Shelfelf

Apr 11, 2008
Ok, I have a 1985 XT-350 that has been in storage for many years and my son and I have dug it out and trying to get it running right. Carb was removed and completely cleaned and put back together, new air filter. It starts and runs great as long as the choke is out all the time. If you push the choke plunger in, it runs like crap. Pull the choke out and it comes alive. I have removed and cleaned this carb at least 4 times. Problem still there. ANy help or suggestion, Thanks

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Shelfelf said:
If you push the choke plunger in, it runs like crap. Pull the choke out and it comes alive. I have removed and cleaned this carb at least 4 times. Problem still there. ANy help or suggestion, Thanks

Remove the carb a 5th time and remove the pilot jet and air adjuster screw. Make sure you can see daylight through the hole in the pilot jet and then blow compressed air in the hole that the pilot jet came out of. Air should come out of the air adjuster screw hole and also the small hole in the carb throat. If it doesn't flow through all of those orifices, you have a clog. If you can't un-plug the pilot jet, get a new one. Don't try to stick wire or anything in the jet to clear it.

Shelfelf

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks,
I will give that a try again. I have been down this road but am willing to try again. I am wondering if because of my elevation 3500 feet that the jet sizes maybe wrong. As far as I know these are the original jets and they used to be fine. Pilot jet is #42 and the Main Jet is #125. I set the Pilot screw at about 2 1/2 turns and main air jet .6 and I set the Pilot air jet at 1.0. Anyway thanks for your thoughts, I will let you know if this works.

Top Bottom