TTR 225 stalling problem. . .help

Mainekdxer

Oct 15, 2004
I have a 2002 TTR 225 that I bought for my wife a few years back. Have had numerous problems with it ever since :bang: . It absolutely hates to start, and with only electric start it tends to wear the battery out before it starts. I replaced the battery earlier this year and still had problems starting it so I poured a cap full of gas directly into the cylinder and that worked. Didn't have any problems starting it after that so my brother and I went for a good ride. We did about 10 miles or so on the bikes and then the TTR just lost power and died. He started it back up and continued riding, but it stalled again on him. After the third time it wouldn't start at all and we had to push it for a while. We let it cool down for about 45 minutes and then attempted to restart. After a while it finally kicked over and we managed to limp it back to the truck. When we got home we tore the carb apart and cleaned it. The bike started so we rode it around a bit, once the bike got warmed up again it stalled and wouldn't start. I pushed it back home and washed it off, let it sit and tried to start. No luck, the battery was attempting to kick it over, but it just wouldn't turn over. Any ideas as to why it stalled on us? It seems like when it gets really hot it loses power and stalls. I am going out to the garage now to tear it apart to see what I can find. ANy ideas or common problems with solutions would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Top Bottom