winter_rules

Apr 15, 2002
I have been posting this everywhere I can find and have yet get any answers. Last year my father and I found some cross country ski trails near the Timberview Lodge on Tug Hill. They are great trails and seem to be beaten down pretty well, but nobody seems to know whether or not they are legally open to ATVs. Does anybody here know? Thanks in advance. *Winter Rules*

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
Sorry i dunno the answer but i'de like to know more on what is open up north too.Also are they trails or just seasonal roads they ride?I've only been to Timberview and the north counrty when the snow is on.Good luck

winter_rules

Apr 15, 2002
Gooby, the seasonal roads are open to ATVs, but I'm trying to find real "trails" because those roads get boring REAL quick. They ask that people stay off of the roads during the mud season because the town has to maintain them and the ATVs can leave some nasty ruts to fix. The trails that we found would be awesome (some steep hills, logging roads, tight and twisty...little bit of everything). I am just afraid of causing us to lose more land to ride on if they are not legally open to ATVs, especially with their increasing popularity. I've posted/emailed 6 different places (including the Timberview Lodge), but have not gotten any responses that know what the deal is. I'll be sure to post here when/if I find out. *Winter Rules* PS- Snowmobiling is how we also found the area (hence the name) and man can it be fun up there!

winter_rules

Apr 15, 2002
My father was just up there to visit our camp and he said that there are plenty of tracks on those trails (except for the north facing hills where there is still plenty of snow). I still haven't gotten a response from anybody. I guess I'm going to have to call Snow Ridge or Timberview. Again, I'll be sure to post back what I find. *Winter Rules*

Rookie_DDZ

Apr 22, 2003
There are places to ride up in Tug Hill. I'm not sure of the web pages. But they was a forum posted in nyriders.com about the whole Tug Hill area. I remember that you needed to be insured and reg'ed with New York State to ride there. And a spark arrestor. My friends and I were planning a few rides up there this year.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Check out www.nysorva.org for information on legal riding in New York state.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom