bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by Jaybird
H2o and Co2 are byproducts of a burn. Byproducts of a burn in a combustion engine are expelled prior to the next combustion cycle.

Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
I would never deny the fact that there are bizzare chemical changes happening and new compounds being formed inside a combustion chamber that far outstrip my meager understanding of chemistry.

so were you guys taking me seriously, or just humoring me? :confused: :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by bclapham
so were you guys taking me seriously, or just humoring me?

Bruce - You are way too smart NOT to take seriously :thumb:

magneto

Nov 14, 2001
Acid is put in the race gas to automatically PORT the intake and exhaust tracts (by dissolving the aluminum) for better AIRFLOW. In addition it eliminates that pesky carbon buildup in the combusion chamber. YOU TRULY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN...

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by magneto
Acid is put in the race gas to automatically PORT the intake and exhaust tracts (by dissolving the aluminum) for better AIRFLOW. In addition it eliminates that pesky carbon buildup in the combusion chamber.

well, you know what they say.....you learn something new everyday! :thumb:

MikeyG

Mod Ban
Nov 28, 2002
I had an arguement at school the other day. My friend says engines burn the hydrocarbon octane. I think it burns octane(C4H8 I think??), but theres others in there too, not just octane. Any comments?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Isooctane (C8H18) is just one of hundreds of hydrocarbons that can make up gasoline.

FWIW C4H8 is Methylcyclopropane

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom