Turkey Point KY

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Meeting 2 other guys from Toronto there Oct 27th, anyone want to show some Canadians around? Anything we should know?

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Are you talking about Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes?

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I belive he is.

rmacdona her is a LINK

Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
He does, about 45 min. I go there alot as well. The link I posted will give all the info needed, besides Corey is out at CL and won't be home until Monday.

Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
K.....No word, did the link work or the one that I e-mailed you help?

Phillip

deagle

May 21, 2001
If you all are driving all the way down here to ride at Turkey Bay that weekend, you ought to go to the VSTA ride at Loretta Lynn's ranch Oct. 25th, 26th and 27th. It's probably 1.5 hours further but well worth it. Click on the link below for details.

http://www.vstarider.com

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yes, if you're planning on being at Turkey Bay Oct. 27th, then you definately need to go on down to Loretta's and ride the Fall Fun ride. Loretta's is only about an hour South of Turkey Bay. We'll be at Loretta's that weekend!

Anytime, any of you guys are going or want to go to Turkey Bay, just shoot me an email or give me a call. We're always looking for more people to ride with...no matter what you're skill level. Heck, we're even willing to ride with Irish! :p

Keep an eye out for a thread in this forum for a BIG Turkey Bay ride...probably in November, around the 16th. We want to get as many DRNers as possible!! We'll do some hill climbing...KY style! :thumb:

corey@vci.net

270-898-4881

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL
Heck, we're even willing to ride with Irish! :p

We'll do some hill climbing...KY style! :thumb:

Your the privaleged one Corey :)

BTW, That big step up out at CL, it didn't look all that big :think: compared to some of the stuff down at LBL. I am thinking primarily of the two hills on the loop that end up on the platoeu(SP) with the BIG mud hole.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Is this going to be a 2 day ride? Sat and sunday? Or just saturday.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by SPD

Slide over to the KYiana chapter, I have a thread running unde "Activities After DW03" and have a few preliminary dates set.

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by SPD

The Loretta Lynn ride is Friday, Sat., and Sun. When we do a LBL ride, I would like to make it a Friday & Sat. ride. That way people can travel home on Sunday.

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Hey guys,
Been away all week, am going to ride Turkey bay the 26, 27, 28, and am about to try the links you sent. Still hoping to have some of you guys close by show us around that place (looks like there will be 6 of us). Any advice on where to camp or anything else?
Rick

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I wish you guys would come on down to Loretta's for that weekend. There probably won't be too many people at Turkey Bay. I can't think of anyone who will be at Turkey Bay instead of Loretta's.

For camping at TB: After you check in at the guard gate, get back on the gravel road and drive about 1/4 mile (past the little white building). You will come to two parking lots, one on the left and one on the right. The left one is your best bet for plenty of shaded camping. The one on the right has good shade, but the lot leads to a major trail head and gets alot of traffic. If you want to camp in a more open area, go about 200 feet farther down the gravel road and there is a large lot on the left (May's cemetery area). Or if you want to camp right on the lake, just keep driving until you come to the end of the gravel road. That area is designated as a 24 hour generator area. That is where most larger rigs and semis park and camp (usually buggy drivers). Bring some extra tubes, and be ready to climb some hills. :)

I sure wish we could ride with you guys, but we're not missing Loretta's for anything. If the ride at Loretta's increases like last year, there should be just shy of 1000 riders there. And the trails are almost all TOPSOIL! You won't find any of that at Turkey Bay.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Almost forgot. There is a main trail that runs from one end of TB to the other. It is very wide and VERY fast (top gear) and is where 90% of the people(mainly ATV's) ride. Be very careful on that trail. We stay off of it as much as possible. When we do have to get on it, we take it VERY easy. Turkey Bay has it's share of idiots on wheels. Phillip has a good picture of what happens when you go too fast on the main trail! Keep in mind that all trails have two way traffic. It's not uncommon to come flying around a turn and meet a Jeep or Buggy.

You guys have got to come to Loretta's that weekend!!! Turkey Bay is great, but can't touch Loretta Lynn's.

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Thanks Cal,
Prabably be happier with an empty park then a full one anyway! For some reason the boys from up north have the heart set on TB. Next time.
Rick

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Cal,
How about hotels? sounds like we are going to camp with room service.
Rick

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002

YZ400guy and I will be there for the next three weekends, I am going to try and make it down there tomorro too ;)

PM me for my Cell and we can get in touch, CAL you do the same!+

Phillip

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
rmacdona

I was there 2 years ago. I am going 25th thru 29th, for sure. Iam going with a bunch of quads, but I am gonna look you guys up. As far as camping, I will be the only one staying there they are all staying about 20 min. away at a cabin. I will be in a dark Purple Dodge Caravan, with a grey trailer and a fourstroke pumpkin. Im like you I would love to go to Lorettas but it sounds pretty crouded, and the camping is pretty expensive. I might (might) go down there on Saturday for the day but if I hook up with you guys or some other bikes probably not. Let me know what you will be driving, and riding so I can look for you. I will be there on Friday by 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

Cal

Will the ride at LL in the spring be bikes only? I would definitey plan on that in the spring. I would go this fall but have made plans with my buddies and they dont want to go any farther and they already paid for their cabin.

As far as the ride at LBL in November that sound like a real plan. Count me in.
November in Chicago pretty much is a crap shot as far as the weather goes. Let me know.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by rmacdona
Cal,
How about hotels? sounds like we are going to camp with room service.
Rick

Here is some info. I got together for TTRGuy and GSR when they came down and rode with us.

Motels in Aurora, KY:

Early American resort - $41.95 / night pet charge of $8 Across road from Willow Pond restaurant. 270-474-2241

Ken Oak Resort - $41.95 / night pet charge of $5, has a refridgerator. 270-474-8000

Fin n Feather - $42.51 allow small pets, 2 night min. 270-474-2351

Lakeland resort - double bed $42.51, queen $46.87, 2 double beds $46.89, $5 pet charge, First motel on the right, next to The Hitchin' Post(traveling East on US 68).
270-474-2292

All of these motels/cabins are on US highway 68 (the only road through Aurora).

Sorry we can't be there to ride with you guys. :ugg:

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000

The Spring ride should be bikes only. It was last year. Look forward to riding with you in Nov.!

I'm tired of typing. I'm go riding (at Turkey Bay)!! ;) Later

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Jsned,
will be there with my Nissan 4 door frontier, 2002 KDX 220r, 2001 DRZ 400. My Buddy is bringing his full size 4 door GM truck and I think his white enclosed trailer with a KTM 520, XR650, YZF or WR400 (I can't rember which his buddy has) and a Yamaha Quad. We will be arriving late Friday night and hopefully riding early Sat morning. PM me and I wil give you my cell #.

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Also should I put the stock silencer back on the KDX or are they pretty flexible with spark arrestors?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…