Turkey Point KY

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
As far as I know they don't require spark arrestors.

CAL I'll probably see you at LL's, I'll be looking for a blue streak. We will all be on Orange bikes except for an old white YZ and a yellow YZ 400, see ya there. I wish I was riding with you at Torkey Bay.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I'm on an old yZ wearing White! And as for you "orange" boys going out to Lbl.....ohhhhh-boyyyy are you in for a suprise!

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by rmacdona
Also should I put the stock silencer back on the KDX or are they pretty flexible with spark arrestors?

The paper work says spark arrestors are required, but they NEVER enforce it. Run whatever you want.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by KevinB4stk
CAL I'll probably see you at LL's, I'll be looking for a blue streak. We will all be on Orange bikes except for an old white YZ and a yellow YZ 400, see ya there. I wish I was riding with you at Torkey Bay.

Blue streak? Yeah, maybe when you're blowing past me on the trail! It's good to hear from you. You guys ever ride at Turkey anymore? I'll keep an eye out for you at LL's. :thumb:

Originally posted by IrishEKU
And as for you "orange" boys going out to Lbl.....ohhhhh-boyyyy are you in for a suprise!

Phillip

Phillip, Kevin can tear up Turkey Bay FAAAR better than you or I can! He can flat out romp on his 520! And you ought to see his custom built, aluminum frame, electric start, BBR CR/XR400!! :eek: Awesome bike! He was riding an aluminum frame Honda 4 stroke BEFORE Honda was!! :worship: Click Here to see the BBR!

Last edited:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
IrishEKU

What do you mean orange boys are in for a suprise? Something I should know before I drive 6 hours?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by jsned
IrishEKU

What do you mean orange boys are in for a suprise? Something I should know before I drive 6 hours?

No, nothing to worry about. He's just mouthing! ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL

No, nothing to worry about. He's just mouthing! ;)

:) True very true! I hope you all come and enjoy yourselves. You won't regret it ;) This is the time of year that's the best, the ammount of traffic is down due to hunting season and a little too nippy for most except for commited riders. :think: Wait a sec, did I just say we should be commited because we ride year round? :)

The more the merrier!
Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002

:worship: <--- This guy pays it to that BBR, man it would be a shame to get that thing dirty!

Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
CAL, ride report for Saterday? Or didn't you make it to LBL?

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yeah, I went to Turkey yesterday. Wasn't a very good day. Even though a bad day riding is better than a good day at work! After my little speel on the MX track at DW, my front end has been a little cocked. I thought (hoped) my Pro Tapers were bent, but didn't know. I loosened everthing up and re tightened and got it back to 95%. I forgot to take my torque wrench to DW, and no one at DW had one that torqued above 75 lbs. So I hand tightened my top nut(supposed to be torqued to 105 lbs). Anyway, as soon as we took off yesterday, something just didn't feel right. I couldn't corner for squat! One turn it would push, the next it would be tight and the rear would spin around. I kind of thought I was just having a bad day. But then I dumped it on a hill (imagine that) and my front end was way crooked. So I found a tree and did a good ole "smack her till she's straight" and front end was crooked IN THE OTHER DIRECTION! Apparently, my top nut was no where near tight enough. THAT is why I was having so much trouble all day. So hopefully riding with a loose nut :eek: didn't hurt anything else, and I can torque it down and be OK. What is wierd is that I ran the Harescramble and night time poker run at DW with that nut loose! Tim and I may have won the HS if my nut would have been tight. Or maybe that's if they were bigger!? ;)

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Cal,
Sorry about your troubles! What were the conditions like? what can I expect at the end of Oct.?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Cal,
Sorry about your troubles! What were the conditions like? what can I expect at the end of Oct.?

Conditions yesterday were very wet. Actually the wettest (is that a word?) I've ever seen it. But we got about 3"-4" of rain Thursday. Rain is nothing to worry about though. TB drains VERY fast. We've actually waited in the parking lot for rain to stop, then unloaded and rode all day. It's never very muddy at TB. There is some hard pack clay that gets pretty slippery when wet. Conditions in Oct. will be perfect. Cool weather, very little or no dust. Right now is when our "good" riding starts. We usually have our most enjoyable riding from the end of Sept. through December and sometimes into January. Last year, we rode from Sept. to Dec. without missing one weekend. And the only reason I stopped then, was because my tranny blew in my DRZ and I was out of commision until the end of January.(I missed 6 weeks of perfect riding :whiner: ) February is usually a little cool for me. But as long as it's above freezing...we're riding! Then in March it starts warming up again! :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
CAL is right about this being one of the wettest parts of the year, KY usually has two monsoon seasons, Apr-May and Sept.-Oct. In May when I effectivley tossed a grenade down my intake the lower portion of TB was under 3 feet of water, the lake had risen due to the Spring rains and flooded the road up to about the last pull out for the Dirt Track.
Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Have fun with the rocks and hills! :thumb:

If for some reason, you guys have an emergency or need something give me a call. It looks like I'll only be at Loretta's on Saturday. If I'm in one piece and not worn out, I may show up at Turkey Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours. :thumb:

270-559-0698

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
So I'm confused... Is TurkeyBay supposed to be in KY somewhere? I'm not familiar with it. I'd love to meet up with some folks this weekend just about anywhere in KY :D S-Tree, Big Rock, Livingston... Everyone I normally ride with (minus my son) is busted up in one way or another (only my fathers was bike related, seperated his shoulder 3 weeks ago).

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
That's "Land Between the Lakes" It is a recreational area that lies between KY lake and Barkley lake. It is Federal land that has State parks located within it. Click on the link in IrishEKU's first post in this thread. Then click "trip planning" and "getting here". There are directions from Cincinnati. If you can make it down here the weekend of November 8,9,10, we're having a big ride. There is a thread in this forum for that ride as well.

And the OHV area is called "Turkey Bay" not Turkey Point.
:)

Last edited:

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Place looks great!

300 miles means it's over-nighter territory :D

I'll see what we can swing for that weekend.

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Geez I was close. Cal a couple of us may be there Thursday night, can you ride Friday?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sigh, I had hoped to get some work done this weekend but alass not to happen. I'll head down to Clarksville and go out to TB this weekend to help anyone out, call me at 1-931-572 9865, that is my buddy's place that I stay at in Clarksville, or my cell Phone at 1-859-979-1697 while in Clarksville, I loose coverage about half way out there. I'll be in Clarksvill Fri. afternoon and spend the night there, out to LBL on Sat. morning. Just look for the blue rider on a white YZ with a blue seat.

I won't be camping that weekend so look for either vehicle, my maroon Volvo lugging a blue trailer, or a Chevy 2X4 in the bronze color X-tra cab lugging the same trailer with mine and a YZ400 aboard. Heck I might even be able to talk Another friend in and that will add an 02 WR250 to the mix!

Either way will be a blast!

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Geez I was close. Cal a couple of us may be there Thursday night, can you ride Friday?

Close, but no cigar. ;)

Can't make it Friday. I'm too busy at work. I'm acutally still at work right now! If I could get off Friday, I'd be going to Loretta Lynn's, anyway. If I haul my stuff to church with me Sunday morning, I can be at Turkey by 1:00. I'd have to leave at about 4:30, but if Loretta Lynn's doesn't kill me, I may be able to make it.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
OK guys! Where was everyone at yesterday? I got to Turkey Bay at 1:00. Drove around everywhere looking. I went ahead and unloaded and rode around through all the parking lots and couldn't find anyone. I ended up hooking up with a couple of local guys and rode until about 4:30. rmacdona, jsned, Irish, what's your stories? :think:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Corey, school came up, the seminar that I have coming up the week of the 4th requires two texts and about 250 pages of required reading. I also have 2 other tests coming up this week that required my attention. As you know I have OCS this coming weeked but I will be down late Friday night on the 8th and out to LBL on the 9th early ;)

Phillip

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…