tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
hey I can get a crf250x pretty cheap, however it was drowned in a creek really badly. The guy says he got all the water out of it, and it runs (though the top end is in bad shape and from the massive amount of backfiring i'm assuming the valves are waaaay out), but the starter, wiring etc. is all friend. Since I'd use the bike for mx, other than the wiring, the battery, electric start, 37mm carb, wider ratio gearbox, and 18inch wheel, what is different? If I get the whole engine rebuilt can I just get them to put in the same valves as the 250r, then rip all that wiring out, stick a number plate on it and call it a 250r with an custom 18" wheel, 37mil carb (to reduce bog of course :nener: ), extra engine ballast (the starter :) ) and a wider ratio gearbox... or am I out to lunch? haha thanks

PS - the bike is a 2006 - it has an fmf single muffler and powerbomb header so I won't have to worry about that...

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
The X has a different shock and rear linkage ratio. I'm not sure about the forks. AJ at Service Honda can help you out if you give him a call. He converts both bikes to 500AF's.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I believe the head porting is different as well as the flywheel. The suspension as a whole is set up different too.

xkevenx

Dec 4, 2007
you can do everything but i think its a waste of time, you can rebuilt it sure. but you need to change the suspension and stuff, and the engine has different cam's and a different gear box so i think the bike is going to be a little bit slower than a 250r... but yea why not try it:d

TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
"Since I'd use the bike for mx"

The X isn't for motocross, yes you "could" do it but I wouldn't bother....get a used R and go race....Just my .02

Top Bottom