yater

Nov 7, 2003
Rockymountainmc saves the day

I just got my tusk bars (cr mid) and guards and I must say...You get what you pay for. I've stripped a bolt and there is no way in hell that the guards will line up with the clamps. Maybe it's just the bend I chose or something but I want my money back! The metal is junk and just cheap all around.

Last edited:

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
yater said:
I just got my tusk bars (cr mid) and guards and I must say...You get what you pay for. I've stripped a bolt and there is no way in hell that the guards will line up with the clamps. Maybe it's just the bend I chose or something but I want my money back! The metal is junk and just cheap all around.

My Tusk BarkBusters bolted up no problem to my Renthal bars. They seem like a great deal for the price ($20)

-Maurice

yater

Nov 7, 2003
Yeah, I've heard good things about tusk, that's why I got them. I was really pissed when those things wouldn't line up and cross-threaded one of the bolts. Then I called rockymountain mc, where I got them, and they were awesome. They got a tech on the phone, he pulled out the same bars and guards and tried to put them together. When he realized that I had a legitimate complaint, he sent me a new set of clamps and a mounting kit FREE. I can't complain now. The bars seem ok--can't wait to try 'em. (tomorrow)!!!!!

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I have the same set up and love it. The guards didn't line up well, but if you thinks about it, how do you design a guard to line up perfect with 25 different bar bends? My wifes all plactic acerbis guards were just as hard.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I've never installed a set of barkbusters that did not need some bending & tweaking to obtain a perfect fit with the bars. I use Enduro Engineering bb's.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I went out to my club today to ride and everyone just kind of laughed when I told them about the install. Apparently, they all had the same problem. I don't feel so bad now and they worked great all day. AND, I've got a new mounting kit on the way free of charge. I take back what I said--I was just really pissed off at the time. I highly recommend rockymountain mc to anyone considering them. Yater

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Got mine in the mail today :yeehaw: I haven't put 'em on yet, but they look decent. I can't believe the price! No more using my levers as barkbusters for me :laugh:
Thanks for the tip. :worship:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom