Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You'll have to check for practice dates on http://cooperlandraceway.com

No, DW will not be crowded. And make no mistake, the vast majority of DW go'ers are probably considered "slow-pokes". :)

B

biglou

Me too-I resemble that remark. :o Also, there are times set aside each day on both the big tracks and the small tracks for the youngins and the beginner/slower riders.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Cooperland has more weekday practices than they do weekend practices. When a state race or a series race is held on the weekend, most of the tracks in Oklahoma aren't open for practice.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Ok, so far I count 1..2...3...4...and...yes make that 5 Sandbaggers. :laugh:

I am still unsure if I'll be able to make it. It all depends on what kind of time I can get off in Oct. Nevada, you're more than welcome to ride w/ me if I go so that you'll be able to take pride in your riding ability. :thumb:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
As a Stillwater local who rides Cooperland throughout the year Dirtweek is a lot more laid back than a typical practice or race day there. Part of this has to do with the fact that we have the place to ourselves for 6 days so there isn't the typical rush of riders to the track. A lot of the DRN crowd are woods guys and there is a lot to eat in the pits. Add in the entertainment of Elk, Milk, Sarge, the Michigan Mooners and Thump explaining what Billy just broke and sometimes you are scared to go ride for fear of missing something. You know that when someone says "If you have EVER raced MX before you are B class" that the talent level isn't too terribly deep. :) Don't get me wrong, there are guys that fly. Billy Franks, Guy Cooper, and Doug Dubauch to name a few. Elk even hauls butt. OK, now that I said all that I'm fired up and ready go. Hurry up and get here Dirtweek '03!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You won't find a group of riders with more respect for each others ability, and all around track manners than you will during DirtWeek.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Jaybird
You won't find a group of riders with more respect for each others ability, and all around track manners than you will during DirtWeek.

The only thing you will have to keep an eye on is your cooler! ;)   Don't oil the hinges!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
No worries Sixx, there's planty of us slow riders that will be there.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
The heck you say! I gave Blackhawk a ride to DW02, let her sleep in the RV and she still ran over my bike when I fell in front of her. Talk about gratitude! :moon: :laugh:

Top Bottom