Two Strokers in Alaska?

RMDUSTER71

Mar 27, 2001
I'm in the Army and got a 2000 300EXC last year. The bike is great and I love to ride it allot more than my old KDX. The only problem is I ended up getting stationed in Korea. Now the bike is in storage till I get home(7 months to go and it's killing me). To make a long story short, I'm trying to get stationed in Alaska and I understand that it may be a problem up there with the two stroke. I would love to be in Alaska but if I can't take the bike then it would be completely out of the question. Any info would be very helpful.:think

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
There is no problem with two strokes up here. We don't have a sticker program or anything like that. If you are looking to make the bike street legal I don't see a problem with that either. Actually the Arctic Cat/Suzuki dealer in Anchorage had a brand new, dual sported RMX on their showroom floor a couple of years ago. They did the conversion so I would have to assume it was completely legal to license.

Alaska is a great place to have a dirt bike. The riding season is shorter than most parts of the country but you can ride until 10:00 or 11:00 at night in May, June, and July. That helps to make up for it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…