Mar 27, 2001
I'm in the Army and got a 2000 300EXC last year. The bike is great and I love to ride it allot more than my old KDX. The only problem is I ended up getting stationed in Korea. Now the bike is in storage till I get home(7 months to go and it's killing me). To make a long story short, I'm trying to get stationed in Alaska and I understand that it may be a problem up there with the two stroke. I would love to be in Alaska but if I can't take the bike then it would be completely out of the question. Any info would be very helpful.:think

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
There is no problem with two strokes up here. We don't have a sticker program or anything like that. If you are looking to make the bike street legal I don't see a problem with that either. Actually the Arctic Cat/Suzuki dealer in Anchorage had a brand new, dual sported RMX on their showroom floor a couple of years ago. They did the conversion so I would have to assume it was completely legal to license.

Alaska is a great place to have a dirt bike. The riding season is shorter than most parts of the country but you can ride until 10:00 or 11:00 at night in May, June, and July. That helps to make up for it.
Top Bottom