wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I finally bought the UFO headlight, and hey, not like I did not expect it, but the straps are to big!

So what's a guy to do?

I called a buddy, he suggested styrofoam, I did not like that idea....

And then it came to me...... VELCRO! I have a roll of the stuff!

Here's what it looks like:

Attachments

• UFOTwins&Velcro.jpg
    UFOTwins&Velcro.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 459
  • Better?.jpg
    Better?.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 708

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
I used a strip of black adhesive backed foam insulation for mine. Sagged a 1/2 inch after a few races, so I wrapped the adhesive with black duct tape and it stayed put.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I thought about wrapping the forks up with tape or something ...

But I wanted something easy to remove and not leave a sticky residue all over my tubes, been there done that, the smart feller who had my bike before put the OHV sticker on the fork tube in between the clamps :flame:

codhead

~SPONSOR~
May 26, 2003
I know this wont help much but for anyone else wanting a ufo twin headlight the acerbis DHH twin looks almost identical but it fits straight on

Last edited:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Nope, I installed a 75 watt Moose/Electrex coil

Wired up in parallel

It came with two 35 watt 40* bulbs but some drunken bum left out the red wire and they lasted only a few seconds :eek:

Currently I'm running a 50 watt 40* bulb and a 20 watt 38* bulb (it's all I could find at Wallyworld)

appropriate wiring? Are you kidding? It did not even have any instructions!

acerbis DHH twin looks almost identical but it fits straight on

Yeah, it looks similar but it costs almost twice as much :flame:

Last edited:

Tico

Feb 6, 2004
Looks good Wibby! Mine (1992 KDX200SR) looks pretty much like yours, except for the headlight. Is yours a SR or an R?

Tico

Feb 6, 2004
Mine is an SR. I think Rs usually don't say anything. The engine number on SRs, as far as I know, starts with DX200G-xxxxxx

I don't know, maybe my SR looks very much like similar model Rs, this is just a guess.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom